Lenco or Glide?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by JSracing, Feb 7, 2007.

1. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

lencodrives are cool... but damn thats alot of jack. we run a blown fuel altered (real fuel not just 10%). i'm on my 3rd season with the same vasco-glide from mike's transmission in california. mike is hands on and personally goes over your set up with you to tailor the tranmission to your needs. great guy to work with. I just change the fluid every couple events and freshen the clutches in the off season. i've been very satisfied with my investment with mike. best of luck... sean
    www.metalmafiaracing.com

2. overkill69

overkill69 Member

We've run a bunch of passes with a 3100lb car ,blown bbc with glide in the 7.50's. Severe tire shake most of the time. Our Trans specialties glide with Coan input and front pump looked like new after 40 runs. Put clutches in it for a feel good. I think the sharpest glide guy in the country is Keith at Sid Neal trans. Does a lot of 10.5 outlaw stuff including the world record 6.66@223@3000lbs. He says no service before 80 runs other than fluid. Blown guys seem to be harder on them but several cars go 4.20's with good reliability.
    We put one in our 2800lb promod with 2400hp KB Olds. Nobody around here is doing it but we're going to give it a try this season.
    On a sidenote the 3 spds don't seem to pickup any major performance with a blown combo. About 5/100ths is the best i've heard.
    Mike

3. underby6

underby6 Active Member

There was a problem with holding the Lenco's on the starting line, but they switched the # of plates in the front....problem solved. Maybe a good way to judge which way to go is this....look at what the top guys are running. The guys who don't have any "monetary restrictions" are always going to run the best....and my bet is this, I bet there's a Lencodrive in everyone of those cars.

Tim Stevens,
    You should totally go to the Lencodrive....didn't you hear??? They're going to allow the 206C @128% over. :D

Thanks,
    Brandon