Lenco CS-2 air servo/pot adjustment?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BUTCH, Jun 27, 2012.

1. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

What is the correct adjustment for the air servo on the lenco sc2 trans? I used the info on the lenco web site but is seems that the piston has to travel a lot before the roller plate makes contact with the rams?
    thanks again for the help!!!
    Butch

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Butch if it is adjusted correctly you should be able to put a long screwdriver down the hole and push the roller plate lightly forward and have about. 020 to. 030" slack. Don't push it forward hard to actually push the clutch pack plate. You are just looking for freeplay. You should be able to screw the air servo in and out and feel it get tight when the roller plate hits the clutch pack. If it doesn't do that there can be two reasons. One is the cover that goes over the sprag is clocked incorrectly and the oil slot is not at the six o'clock position or two, the small Allen head set screw that is on the bottom of the air servo that retains that connecting rod to the roller plate is screwed in too far and that rod end is in a

3. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

lenco adjustments

Mike, So adjusting the air servo you should feel a very light spring pressure as you move the roller plate forward with the screw driver ? until it makes contact to the clutch pac?

thanks again so much!!!

Butch

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

If you screw the air servo up and down you should be able to feel when the roller plate contacts the clutch pack then back it off half a turn. If you can't feel that change then something is wrong. As far as verifying the adjustment is correct then use a flashlight to look down the hole at the roller plate and use the screwdriver to move the plate back and forth looking for. 020-.030 slack. Should be no tension just slack.

5. Micetich

Micetich Member

Servo setting

I have always set it per Lenco and never had an issue. Turn clockwise (in) until rotary plate starts to shift then turn counterclockwise (out) until rotary plate stops then turn an additional 1/2 turn counterclockwise (out). If rotary plate is moving up ramps too far then clutch pack could be out of spec or selective shim on rotary plate is wrong.

6. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

cs-2 servo adjustments

All, This is just what I was looking for !!!! Thanks you very much for the info, and Thanks to Will for a Great web site!!!!

Butch Stroupe

7. DQUES

DQUES Member

I think the instructions are on Lenco's web page .

8. MotorPsycho

MotorPsycho Member

9. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

lencc air servo adjustments

Mike, That worked perfectly, screw in the air sevro until you feel the rollers make contact to the pac and back off 1/2 turn, on my set up gives me .026 slack. Thanks again Butch