Lenco clutch and floater set up

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by promodracer, Dec 20, 2014.

1. promodracer

promodracer Member

Do any of you stack more than 9disks and 11 floaters one being thicker aluminum. To get .100 between alum plate and bottom of snap ring without spring and while lifting up on hub.
    any reason a guy cant pull alum floater spacer and add a tenth disk. Please correct me if I am misunderstanding this adjustment. Also does anyone like alto red disks versus raybestos.
    Thanks guys. cs1 fine spline

2. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

I use the blue plates in mine but that does not make any difference as the clearances are the same. If you run new disks, they are going to be about .061-062 and with a normal set of steels, you can't get more than nine in there. I also use two steels at the bottom of the drum to get the proper clearance. You could use thinner steels but they won't stand up to the heat as well. Another alternative, that I have not tried, is to machine the pressure plate down by .062 from the .500 nominal thickness. You could get an extra disk in there then. I have had no issue with the nine blue disks so I had no reason to try it. Used to always do stuff like this with Turbo 400's to get more disks in there but they were always lacking.

3. promodracer

promodracer Member

Thank you I have a bunch of red altos are they any good.

4. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

The Reds are fine just inspect them once in a while. The clutches next to the pressure plate wear the most so they are a good indicator how everything is going. Lenco says you can go down to .052 but I like to keep them at .057 or above. Probably not totally necessary but just the way I do it.

5. promodracer

promodracer Member

ok thanks everyone