Leahy timers

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by td3829mk, Jan 1, 2017.

1. td3829mk

td3829mk Member

new to me setup, need some advice on wiring. Schematics or pictures would be awesome. 8 channel EM module, 6 shooter, 2 step, 5 pole electric fuel timer log (3 for the run, 2 for the step). Just need a visual on how these should all wire together.

Thx in advance.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

You will need a 15 channel box or another 8 channel to run all of that.

Generally if you are running everything with one of Leahy's boxes, he can make a harness that is pretty much plug and play into all of those components.

I would recommend instead of spending the money on another Leahy box, just get a grid and ditch the six shooter. Then the Leahy box can be just for the fuel timers and the Grid do all the timing/2 step controls.

I would use a terminal strip with a jumper from the launch wire going to the grid and run your two step leanouts off that activation. Typically this will be activated by the tbrake switch (low voltage side). Channels 1-3 on the Leahy would go to the fuel solenoids.

If you get a Grid you also have one built in on/off timer and they make a plug in 3 stage timer that works in the can/bus circuit.

3. td3829mk

td3829mk Member

Thanks Will. I have a single 8 channel box, my plan was to use fuel leanouts 1-3, and 5 of the 6 shooter modules (idle chip wont get a channel) to make up the 8 channels. I have the 2 leanouts for the step wired to the activation wire/T.B./2-step. EM is making a 10-pin harness for me that has a plug for the six shooter and one for the 1-3 fuel leanouts so that should take care of the timing and fuel wiring.

I'd like to verify, however, that the black and gray wire on the 8168 do NOT get used when running a six shooter. Correct? Just the green, violet and yellow to clear run to the mag.

Thanks
    Mike