Leahy Crank Trigger Pickup

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Blownalky, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Just pulled a new one out of the bag and wouldn't you know they changed the connector. It now has the Race-Pak style on it with three pins. I can find ground pretty easy but it's the other two I'm concerned about. Anyone know the pin-out on this one so I can match it up with the MSD style plugs. And yes, I tried to call Electrimotion and I e-mailed Dave and here I sit waiting for a reply.

On a second note, what would happen if you got the crank trigger pickup wires crossed? I thought I read somewhere it had an affect but I can't remember.

Tom

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

3. blownapex

blownapex Member

2 wire is crank sensor
    3 wire is tdc for reading timing (5v/signal return/ground type I think )

4. Wildcatracing

Wildcatracing Member

crank triggers

dont know about the Leahy unit but the MSD crank trigger will alter the timing quite a bit if you cross the 2 wires (seem to recall 20 deg or so)....

5. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Thanks Duane. That is what I figured as this came as a replacement to one I gave a friend and he had the TDC indicator. I think the TDC one got substituted for the crank trigger pickup. Appreciate the help. Trying to get my MSD pickup back together after I slapped it with a broken belt. Found the correct wiring diagram on Summit's website of all places. MSD did not have it. :(