Las Vegas race

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by 310TAD, Oct 31, 2014.

1. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

OK, I realize I am just grumpy because I'm sitting at work when others are at the Vegas race, but why is the alky classes schedule screwed around at this race. Only 1 shot on Friday, so you have to get up Sunday morning and run before any fans have arrived at the track. I didn't see anything special on the Friday schedule that would push the alky cars out.
    I know some of you have the answer. Give it up!

Marty "Grouchy" Thacker

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Man. What a grouch.

LOL.

3. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. Maybe there working around that.

Blessings.........Ron C

4. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Marty You know you are getting old when you become a grumpy old man, you know there is that slight chance it might rain so NHRA is just being proactive instead of reactive. :D

5. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

Ya, kinda like Indy. First round we were up there at 7:30AM. I counted 15 people in the stands on the spectator side, it was surreal.

Chris Saulnier
    Mechanic Falls, Maine

6. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

peee on me

it rained for the first time here in sandiego Friday night, the hardest ive seen it rain in years. maybe heading to vegas they got nervous

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Schedule

The one shot on Friday was in the pre-race schedule, so it had nothing to do with weather.

I will do some asking to see what the motivation was.

8. clint thompson

I think it has to do with the Pro Mods and the Bikes being at this race. In the past, they have "modified" the schedule because they ran late with all the pros and a lot of track greasing going on, then got late and cold so they put our second Friday shot to Saturday and ended up running us at 9am. That has happened twice when I was there so I wonder if they just decided to schedule it that way from the start. Will is right, this was the planned schedule not a reaction to any pending weather. Just my thought. They did modify the posted schedule on Saturday which is why the alky classes last hit was at 8pm AFTER the JET CARS. Guess they wanna make sure the jet cars get to race in front of some fans. I heard there was nobody there for Alky Q3. So they ran late Saturday and then have to be in the lanes at 9am sunday. At least the conditions ended up very similar that way.

ps i'm grumpy too Marty! lol
    :D

9. Sean Bellemeur

Sean Bellemeur Jr. Dragster

In addition to those pre race changes to the schedule we were bumped to being the last cars down the track on Saturday night. (Yes, even after the jet cars). Turned into a long night of maintenance and an early morning back out at the track Sunday...

Sean