Jeg's All Stars; how does this work

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Jul 7, 2004.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

at the moment on the NHRA website it has Bucky Austin trailing Roger Bateman in the All Stars points for div. 6 by 11 points.

Now, assume Bucky has a better finish than Bateman this weekend (and if the Montana race counts for this year, assume at the end of that race Bucky would be the Div. 6 Jegs points leader).

My question is: Since Austin won the all-stars last year, does this mean he would become the blocker and the second highest Div. 6 racer would go to represent div. 6, or would the div. 6 director have the power to ask anyone he wants (for example, if Bateman finishes 2nd in div. 6 all star points would he automatically go, or would the director be able to ask John Weaver, Clint Thompson, etc).

Just trying to understand the process.

Wolfgang

2. clint thompson

i'm curious too. i would love the opportunity to be in the all stars. gotta win some races first i guess

3. The Zone

The Zone Member

I did reply to this thread but must of forgotten to hit "add reply".If Bucky is the point leader in the divison he goes as the division rep. and the runnerup goes in as the blocker for whatever division he is in. If he is also a division representative, then they race a seven car field. If a divsion leader can't make the race then the next highest in points goes for that division (and down the line until they find a racer that can make the trek). So As Bucky will probably be the Div 6 rep, Div. 6 does get screwed in the funny car class.
    Hope that explains it properly.

Dean