Isky's New EZ-RollMax Lifters

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Critical Mass, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Critical Mass

Critical Mass Member

Anybody using them? Pros and Cons.

2. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

No rollers to loose in the motor. They are a bit on the pricey side. We stuck an older crane lifter midway through this year and replaced them with the EZ rollers along with a new cam. Good thus far, years about over, had the engine down last week with head gasket issues, everything looks good. 450 inch twin turbo hemi. Decided to go with Isky's on the recommendation of a friend that builds lots of blown boat engines, claims its the only roller lifter he could get to live, was about to go back to flat tappets when he tried the ez roll. The only thing is if you run a Hemi, there is different heights from the roller to the pushrod cup, so you have to make sure that you get the correct one.

3. Richard Putz

Richard Putz Top Alcohol Dragster

Isky lifter problem

I ran isky lifters with just the pin and wheel with no needle bearings in a hemi, in a top alcoholt dragster. Isky told me I would love them and guaranteed I would have no problems. I run pac 1352 springs which have a lot of seat pressure and I had crane lifters start to blow the wheels apart so I switched to isky. The isky's did not break but would have the wheels lock up and skid on the cam and if you did not catch it in a round or 2 it would start to eat the lobe off the cam. I sent a set back to them and they charged me $800 and some dollars to rebuild them. i know several other people that tried them and had the same problem. Isky is like a lot of other companies! They make promises to get you to buy there product and then do not stand behind there junk!! I have a few sets cheep if you want to buy any, but in all honesty I would buy only morrel as we have not had one single problem with them running #660 lbs of seat pressure and they are 1/2 the price. I also have new and used sets of morrel as I am getting out of racing. I wish Isky would come on here and let me know why they do not stand behind there product and why they make promises they do not keep. Richard Putz TAD Division 5 :mad:

4. MKR-588

MKR-588 Member

I have several sets in use at the moment but have not done enough work to be able to comment about yet. I did use a set of there earlier sets in blown alcohol circuit boat which done 3 meetings. I think they had the blue shafts. When I told them that one of the bushes had moved, they sent me another free to replace it. After having a good long talk with Ron Isky, he told me that in the earlier stages, there measuring equipment for tolerance press fitting of the bushes needed to be updated to the latest accurate equipment as they were finding out that there hardly any tolerance for the press fit. The materials they are using & the clearance neccessary are critical. I have purchased several more sets of there best EZ max series with optional EDM pressure oiling. They have the orange axle. You can ring Oddy engines as I did & he will tell you that they are increasing the use of the lifters by 200-300%