Installation requirements to change from a Lenco to a B&J

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Greg Sereda, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Greg Sereda

Greg Sereda New Member

For a TAD what is all required to change from a Lenco to a B&J transmission.
    Is the Bell housing bolt pattern the same?
    Is the input and output shafts the same spline and length?
    Are the air pressure requirements the same for the regulator?
    Is the reversal cable similar location?
    Thank you,
    Greg

2. Blownbudget

Blownbudget Member

Hi,the bolts patterns are different between lenco and b&j,you need a 400 or 450 psi regulator for a b&j,the b&j is also shorter than a lenco,the input shafts are specific to the trans so you will need another input shaft and the gear selector is the other side on a b&j but this could probably be swapped over,hope that helps.karl

3. Greg Sereda

Greg Sereda New Member

Thanks for the answer, the blanket would also be different. So it is not a easy change over.

4. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Hi Greg,

The bolt pattern on the can is different but some cans come multi patterned, most can manufacturers will weld in the bungs and drill and tap the can for you so it will accept either.

400 PSI to shift the B&J, You just get an input for the B&J for the length of your can, if its for a 8 1/8" Can I may have one here.

as for the length.
    http://www.bandjtransmission.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=67

Blanket is different

Mine just got back from his shop so if you need an exact measurement on the reverser lever give me a call at 727-364-4368 and I can help you out.

My reverser lever is on the left (Driver's side) of the reverser just like the lenco drive that was in the car when I bought it if that helps any.

I love my B&J big boy tripple sprag and Mike is great to work with.

Best wishes,
    Trevor Sherwood

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014