Indy

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Wendland, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

GOOD NEWS FOR THE BLOWN CARS!!!!

i just switched to geico and saved 55% on my car insurance!

:D :D :D

2. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Lenny, WHATEVER!

When it comes down to it, we are in a whole different world when we drive through the gates at a NHRA event. You loose all you rights, there is no fare voting or ballot system. They like the Lucas money, so they can't get rid of us yet.(tell Morgan drives a top fueler) There is not enough money around to seperate the class. The A-Fuel cars should find their own money like Pro-Mod. Go out and make the top fuel cars look like shit. Someone posted somewhere that they like to keep 1 second between the Fuel cars and the Alky cars and that is true....Randy has already caught flak from some Top Fuel crew chiefs for his runs in Seattle. Hey, let's slow the A-Fuel cars down a little and go out and show them how good a show we can put on....Sounds simple...What it comes down to it, no-one wants to be slowed down in a sport where going fast is a good thing! ;)

3. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Rob, why would Randy take flak from TF crewchiefs? They are legal in the rules that NHRA has set. But even if they allowed TF motor rules and clutches in A-fuel, I'll still put my $$$ on TF! The A-fuel cars just don't turn enough RPM's.

4. pistonman

pistonman New Member

To Rob, we don't know each other, but we met one time when you were working for Darian at Sonoma. Whether you are arrogant or just very confidant it doesn't matter. I know your abilities and your very talented, so by the way I see it, who gives a shit what anybody thinks, especially if they are just a long time fan.
    To imjustafan, thats all you are, just a fan or should that be a wanna be. I myself have been doing this for many years, it takes hard work and dedication and until you have actully experienced what it takes to accomplish winning a race or even going deep into rounds, you can kiss my ass. Grandstand crew chiefs really have no clue what goes on.

5. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Some actual crew chiefs don't either.

6. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Hey Wendland !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Speaking of the phone not ringing, did you forget to call me back, I'm up to needing two now.
    Maybe you don't want to call me, 'cause some butcher/baker/candlestick maker told you all Meyer cars are: too stiff- too heavy- too rigid- all shake- too light- too flimsy- too cheap- too expensive- he's too slow- didn't he die of a heart attack? - or any new ones I haven't heard yet!

The old fella that "used to build cars"

Bob

7. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

Pistonman- Although I think your comments regarding people who are only "fans" was directed at just one person who said some things that were personal toward Rob, I hope you do not believe that fan opinions do not count because if you do you are totally out in left field. To imply that all fans are wannabe's is crazy and arrogant (or confident as you say). I would hope that you want some fan input as I think fans are pretty important to the sport, even if we do not have your "dedication" or money.

I stay out of the details of the AFD/TAD argument because I am "just a fan" and I do not have the mechanical knowledge to be able to specifically debate the issues. However, I love this sport and especially the alky classes as much as any competitor. I have followed this sport with passion since 1974 when I went to my first race (a Div 3 points meet at Tri-Cities Dragway near Saginaw, MI)as an 11 year old kid. I care about the debate and happen to agree with the TAD guys because, as a fan, competitive racing with full fields is important to me.

See ya and good luck.

8. pistonman

pistonman New Member

TJ, you are correct, my reply was directed at one person in particular, not all fans. Fans opinions do count. It's nice to have an outside neutral party. Sometimes we think too much inside the box, we need to be thinking outside the box a lot more often, that's where fans, like you, come into play. I have been asked many times by friends why I don't have my own race car. It's because I have never been blessed with lots of money to do it the way it really needs to be done. If I can't race the way I want to then I just won't do it. So I wrench on other peoples cars and I have become very good at it. At the same time, I have never been with a team that has had a big budget to work with. I've been to plenty of races where we have allowed a "fan" to help us work on the car. Thats how I got started, so thats how I'm returning the favor.
    Take care.

9. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

Thanks for the reply and good luck at the track.