In Car (dragster) Video

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Chris Demke, Aug 1, 2006.

1. eli

eli Banned

He spliced 3 runs together.Its in his post

2. TAFCROOK

TAFCROOK New Member

That's why they call me the rookie. lol Thanks

3. clint thompson

very cool chris, nice job for a self proclaimed rookie.

4. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

Damn cool and pretty informative.

The body panel flapping causes the airflow behind to get real "dirty" and create undulating pressure on the blower belt and air scoop. All body areas need to be as rigid as possible, any movement will create areas of drag and waves of "dirty" flow.

Can't wait to see more.

Also, you might turn down the audio gain, it sounds like it's clipping.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  5. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

Chris,
    I haven't been able to view the clip yet as YouTube says they're updating their site everytime i try, but why did you have to edit together 3 runs? I've had this idea for a while but unfortunately the owner of the TAFC I was crewing on replied "why in the Hell would you want to do THAT?" whenever I proposed doing such. Anyway.. A/V work is my industry but I was always concerened with g-forces and the hard shocks would be to intense for a recorder and my idea was to use a very powerful wireless cam transmitted to a receiver in the transporter. I've also been concerned about rf interference from the 44 amp magnetos. Eventually transporter for the blown doorslammer I'm now invloved with will be very multimedia active with plasma tv's on swing arms and cameras up in the awning for fans to view the crew,s work.... well most of it anyway. I've also had a lot of fun displaying a video projector on the side of the transporter after dark... something else the TAFC owner would never allow. In-car clips as well as other video footage would also be a great thing to give sponsors and potential sponsors! Again.. I'm interested in knowing why you edited 3 runs together to make one and how g-forces and rf from magnetos affected the device you used. Hopefully later tonight I'll be able to view your clip.

6. luv a-fuel

luv a-fuel New Member

Chris,
    That was really cool. Cody was excited to see himself on the "Circus Clown's" video. He, his sister and Samantha were in the backround of the very end of the clip from when we were pitted next to you for the Sonoma Division race. I really enjoyed all the clips.
    Cory
    777afd

7. TAFCROOK

TAFCROOK New Member

My camera should be here tomorrow, I run in two weeks so hopefully I'll have some really good fc footage. I'll post up when I get it all squared away.

8. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Hey Cory,

Nice to see you join the kewl kids here at ITA. :D Its about time we heard from you on here. You guys going to Bakersfield or skipping it?

9. 777AFDKID

777AFDKID Jr. Dragster

Hey Frankie,
    As of TODAY, we are going....stay tuned though...that could change tomorrow!! HEE HEE...Just kidden of course..... :p

10. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Last I knew, we were going but I havent talked to John since we flew home from Sonoma. Will be good to see the Niver clan once again and grab a cold one after a long hot day of bust'n my butt :D Hope to see you guys and gals there!

Ill definately have to see where the camera is mounted on Chris's car while Im there, may get in on the action ;)

11. KKNOWLES

KKNOWLES Member

Frankie busting his butt????????? Now that was funny!!!!

You know we will be there.

KKnowles

12. 777AFDKID

777AFDKID Jr. Dragster

As always, look us up for a cold one or...two...or...hee hee... :p

13. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Any plans for Vegas and Pomona to do any more of these???

14. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

You bet! I had misplaced the hardware to mount the camera so I didn't get any in-car footage from Fallon or Medford. I found it the other day, so the camera will be back on the car in Vegas and Pomona. Any suggestions???

Chris

15. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Hey Chris,

I have a few. Maybe up on the a-arm of the car facing front/rear, or under the car facing the slick or duct tape it to your helmet for a real birds eye ( or is it brained ) view. Just my .02

16. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

My suggestion would be to mount it as far forward on the nose/front wing as possible, pointing back towards the drivers area showing as much of car as possible.

Another suggestion is to mount on top of the rear wing pointing forward and downward to again show as much of the car as possible.

17. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

rear wing angle

it would look cool looking down from the rear wing, but i'd be willing to bet it would seriously effect the downforce of the wing having something interfering with the surface area.

18. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

Good Wife Story

Nice video, the lense is very nice too, close to normal field of vision without too much distortion. Funny story... I had called my wife over to view the video, and when it started, the audio was very loud on my desktop speakers. I went to turn it down a little, and the wife says "whatta-ya doin' that for!???... it's DRAG RACING!" I gotta love this woman...:D

Your engine sounds just killer BTW.

I also had a question on the blower belt video. It almost looks like the video was shot with a strobe light. I don't recall seeing the belts wag around that much on the tension side when observed at the track (especially at idle). Do they really oscillate like that or is it a camera/sampling issue?

Thanks!

MaineAlkyFan

19. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

I like Will's idea of someplace up on the wing struts if possible... Or mounted up on top of the roll cage pointing forward or backwards would be cool too...
    Maybe one of each...

20. Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins New Member

R&d Help

khris
    could you put one on the cage pointing in my
    lane [fyi must be adjustable} you could see
    what your front tires are doing going through
    traps,i could then see how my chutes are
    deploying[army word spelling]left right,right
    left.also footage from the RANCH wood be
    great?or any and all the social clubs the
    pen right clan frequent whilest on field trips.
    serious benniss as useuall.
    P.S.HOWS YOUR MONKEY GRIP:eek:

BOBBY. P