ihra alky fc's???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by bruce mullins, Aug 2, 2009.

1. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

if all goes well tomorrow at Kil-Kare...we will be there match racing Kerry Grams.
    hope to see you there.
    Darren

2. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Congrads Tim

Congrads Tim on the final round appearance, well deserved.

As far as the IHRA thing I think everyone who raced IHRA alky funny will never truly trust them again. I can tell you Scooter Peaco lied to me face to face on that deal. If they do open the class back up again I think they would have to allow screws and roots as so many teams have already switched to a screw to run NHRA and cannot afford to switch back. I know my car would probably be running right now had they not killed the class I would have had a competitive blower and hat on it if nothing else.

From a fan stand point I have always loved the alky funny cars just because most of them make it down the track the majority of the time vs. top fuel where that isn't the case. I also believe that the alky funny cars should not be treated as a sportsman class which IHRA did do right for the class. Anyone who runs 5's in the 1/4 at 250+Mph and spends over 100,000 on an operation is not a sportsman class. They run faster than Pro stocks and pro stock bikes right?......but they are pro classes. Please don't misread the pro stock classes are professional classes and are cool in there own way but I do not think for a second that an alky funny car team should be treated as second hand.

Besides an NHRA alky funny car is only about 30-40 mph off of a top fuel funny car especially given the current 1000 ft deal. Not to mention they are making every attempt to slow down top fuel cars and the alky/injected nitro cars are just going to keep getting faster.

just my opinion,
    Trevor Sherwood

3. InTheBlood

InTheBlood New Member

match races

Paul,
    Let me know if there are any match races before the end of the season.....that launch in Grand Bend felt great......I want to know what 3rd gear feels like!

Chris Zgoda
    (716) 523-4244

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009