ignition!!!! 20 44 vs 10 plus???

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by DISCODEAN, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Leon

Leon New Member

Well,with jetsize im getting 119 lbs with a 175 and figuring 11 gpm on pump,52.75% going in and 5.83 gpm system guessing at 20 lbs boost.Thats at 3600 ft da.If i put in a .140 loop @ 40lbs it goes to a 121 main.

2. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

You know what, a man asks a question about timing or a tuneup on a particular motor!! I have had the same motor, and have built and run the same type of motor! I tell the man what we run in it, what it runs best at , 37 Degrees. Then I have other people tell me "oh no you can't, or shouldn't do that"! O.K. I guess I didn't run that combo and haven't built that combo! We ran that combo in our door car 4 years ago and had a 14-71 - K8 HH at 44% over and still had 36 degrees in that motor! In 2 years we had over 60 runs on that car and didn't burn a piston. Best E.T. was 6.75 @ 211 Car was 2800lbs with a Powerglide. Maybe I don't know how to read a timing light? So you know what, no more trying to help a fellow racer! I don't need people shooting me down when I try to help them on a combo that i've had experience with!! One other thing!! How can you compare a Big Chief head to a 360 head???????

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  3. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Dean, please check your private messages on this board!!

4. DQUES

DQUES Member

Wow Lonnie , sounds like your response is aimed at my posts . I am simply stating my experiences with the combo's I have run . None of my posts tell people what to do , just what I have done in the past .

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
  5. KC23

KC23 New Member

This is LONG and DEAD and Drawn Out

Took me an hour to read this tonight and go over everything.. I have greatest Respects for The big names on here that were up front with awnsers Lonnie houde,Mike Canter,Dques I think DiscoDan made it tough with his questions. I went threw this same thing going from a Digatal 7 7531 to something else?? I made calls to everyone i could asking what is going to help and what do i really need?? .. They fast guys said they do it with what they have They were fast before they put a 44amp mag in the car and alot of people swear by them and never had anything else... I had help from Oddy and he will awnser questions like anything its what the budget allows.. I looked online for months and the MJs of the Electronic boxes and dwell times and went over prices with everyone i could looking for a deal.. with dyno testing with a fixed electronic or Mag system on the engine you can taylor the fuel for the engine also taylor the timing to make the best power.. The less power the box puts out it allows you to run more total timing and you cannot light as great a fuel mixture so you must lean on them to clean it up and keep the engine building power... Everyone asked "how much boost??" and "what overdrive?" and "whats the compression?" I run a 526 18 degree chevy motor 10.6:1 compression with a whipple 25.5 overdriven not enough compression or blower speed to make a damn BUT the tune up was for 13.0gpm at 8,000 flowing ... The electroic box could not light it ( went from a NGK9 to a NGK8 at the track and picked up 9mph) .. I dropped in a msd 44 and motor was a Beast and well crashed the car before even got a handle on a chassis... I did some "driveway" testing to see what the $3400.00 msd 44 system put out.. and.... The msd Dig Programable box would make a loud pop and Arch over a solid inch to the frame The msd 44 was so radical and bright i could not even see the tip of the plug !!! i have never heard anyone say that msd 44s are hard on plugs but mine looks like it beats on the plug like a redhead step child ... KC