Idea for a-fuelers: Would this work?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Oct 2, 2005.

1. A/FUEL JUNKIE

A/FUEL JUNKIE Jr. Dragster

Here we are and it's the nearing the end of another season. The BAD( guys ) are already
    wanting rule changes on the A/Fuelers. There is a an old adage " If you can't beat em, join em "
    If you want to run in the teens buy a A/Fueler
    and find out how easy it is.

2. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets see 2 years ago a/fuel cars out running blown cars. (fact and easy to see). Blown guys say there needs to be a rule change. A/Fuel side, but we can't out run them all the time we still have problems with holes dropping,( thats your problem you picked the odd un-proven combo). NHRA says rule change, add more weight. A/fuel guys say thats un-fair we won't be competitive any more and the weight is un-safe and will fall off the car and someone will get hurt. (whining, crying, scare tactics and stomping feet but no facts). Well they go even faster and i never did see any weight fall off an a/fueler ( facts). Last year, Blown guys say come on NHRA give us a break. So rule change 96 percent nitro( sounded good lets see what happens). First race, a/fuel guys, we can't go fast enough your hurting us, see we told you, this isn't fair we should all quit that'll show em.(whining, crying, scare tactics and stomping feet but not enough facts to make a fair judgement call). NHRA says oh sorry here here you go have 98 percent. A/fuel guys we are still not happy it'll never work but ok.(more whining) Well the a/fuel cars still go just about as fast and insist they still don't have the upper hand. ( Is somebody trying to pull the wool over my eyes).

Lets get real here, you a/fuel guys have got a pretty good tune worked out now and if your dropping holes well you picked the combo knowing it would be a struggle.

Parity is the best blown cars and the best nitro cars capable of running about the same times as each other when conditions and thier tune up is right and not well sometimes my a/fuel car drops holes( I still haven't got this combo perfected yet) and then you can get around me(hee,hee,hee,hee) Stop trying to say it's us blown guys doing the whining, we are just stating the facts. Give me a break.

Both cars are fun and cool, but i like to have a blower on my car.
    I could go on but i'll start with this

3. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Hey John, I like the A- fuel deal but I gotta say that was good. When you put it like that it kinda puts things in perspective. That is just plain hilarius and I'm still laughing. I think you summed up the last few years pretty well.

4. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Here we go again!!!

5. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Will, you are correct...I will bow down to whatever the blown guys want....NHRA make us use 90% for once I want to be able to bitch on the right side of the fence!

Notice NONE of the non sponsored/sportsman racers using their own checkbook not being paid squat to race racers where on your list...

Every year we go through this shit....I just want to race....but everytime we get hit with a rule change...and that in it's self is getting real old...We should all stick together and promote the class to get sponsors and then everyone could have a shot at #1

Kevin

6. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

AMEN ! ! ! !

7. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

Will, you are correct...I will bow down to whatever the blown guys want....NHRA make us use 90% for once I want to be able to bitch on the right side of the fence!

Notice NONE of the non sponsored/sportsman racers using their own checkbook not being paid squat to race racers where on your list...

Every year we go through this shit....I just want to race....but everytime we get hit with a rule change...and that in it's self is getting real old...We should all stick together and promote the class to get sponsors and then everyone could have a shot at #1

Kevin
    </font>[/QUOTE]I see maybe 3-5 racers on Wills lists that are getting funding, The rest like me are spending their own money as far as i can tell.

Well i'm off to Dallas and i hope the A/fuelers that i end up running drop lots of holes so they don't drive around me at a 1000 ft.

Oh yea also when they do drive around me at 1000 ft they are so loud ( especially that Conway/Torrence car) that i can't here my own car running and i think the noise is my motor blowing up. RULE CHANGE, I think they should have to put mufflers on them. [​IMG]

8. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Kevin
    </font>[/QUOTE]I see maybe 3-5 racers on Wills lists that are getting funding, The rest like me are spending their own money as far as i can tell.

Well i'm off to Dallas and i hope the A/fuelers that i end up running drop lots of holes so they don't drive around me at a 1000 ft.

Oh yea also when they do drive around me at 1000 ft they are so loud ( especially that Conway/Torrence car) that i can't here my own car running and i think the noise is my motor blowing up. RULE CHANGE, I think they should have to put mufflers on them. [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]John, The point I was trying to make was some teams are well financed with sponsors or even their own checkbook with lots of checks...I like 85% of the class do it on my own dime....True there are some AFD cars that rock...and ROCK fast...I for one am not fast yet...my thought is that the rule changes affect the entire class, small budget racers (AFD)

I just want to race....I'm not going to Dallas as my budget said hell no!

As far as the noise....I'm deaf so I can't comment on that...LOL

Have fun in Dallas and kick some ass! BUT be safe doing it....

Peace, Kevin

9. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Can eveyone quit using the quote option. I've already read it the first time and i'm getting tired of scrolling down to get past it again.

Mufflers on A-fuelers? If people could have a sense of humor about it like Haley we would be a lot better off.

10. Doug Watt

Doug Watt AFD

That was before the 98% rule, I think he was giving this years times...

If they would have left it alone one more year, there wouldn't be any blown cars running... they would have switched to Funny car or Afuel...just my 3 cents.

11. The Kid

The Kid New Member

Here's the FAIREST way to run this class.

Everyone puts a set amount of money in an NHRA monitered account on January 1st.(maybe $100,000 max [If you want less put less in do it, and it's still your money at the end of the season.]) That is all you can spend on your racing opperation for the season. (Lets say that's only on the car, motors, clutches, tires, entry-fees, etc.)

You start the season with one complete car. (no spares)

All spare/replacement parts must be bought out of the account.

Travel expences are seperate.

Points are counted at the first 5 Nationals attended or until the account runs dry. Also, count the national part of the points just like the pro's (20 per round and qualifying counts).

Leave the division points the way they are.

Add them up at the end of the year just as we do now.

This lowers the cost for all the teams and puts more emphasis on each round competed at the national events. And, since there are only five races to be claimed once you're out you're out, you can blow as much money chasing and blocking at the end of the year if that's what you need to do. But you pick your schedule at the begining of the year and stick to it. So we don't need to hear from certain teams how many hundreds of thousands of dollars it took to win a championship.

Now, I'm already seeing loop holes such as running some parts at divisionals and nationals, buying used parts from yourself for pennies on the dollar, etc. I didn't say it was a perfect plan but it would be FAIR.

PS. Next time a rule change is made, as it should be, calibrate the test equipment before testing the effect of the new rule.

12. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Theres only about 4 teams who could just put cash in the bank...check that....there are 4 teams who HAVE money to put in the NHRA account!

KB

13. The Kid

The Kid New Member

Hey Kev, how about some constructive critisism. Alright, even I thought that sounded a little high when I first wrote it, but you get the idea of what I'm saying.($50,000 might be a better number.) It's a way of putting a salary cap on the class to make it a sportsman catagory.

14. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Kid, I was voicing my opinion on your idea....This will never get fixed! There will always be front runners and those who want to be...Sorry but true!

Side note....Congrats to Torrence and Tom...nice showing...

Kevin