Hot Rod Fuller Article?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dan Lynch, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Autopro

Autopro Member

No racer deserves treatment or comments of this nature.
    I just love these guys with attitudes...it is not their car, their team, or their rig and more important their money.
    I think it is great if you are able to secure a ride like Fuller has, but you have no right to be cocky about it.
    Most of the alcohol teams competing, have little or no financial assistance for their operations.
    That means they run the operation entirely out of their own pockets, usually work with volunteer team members and have some limitations on budgets.
    I have more respect for those teams than a motormouth that does not deserve a major sponsor.
    He had better rethink his attitude or find a new career.

2. ATC Racing

ATC Racing New Member

Wow!

Sorry tjenna,

Callaway is the new lead nominee for post "quote" of the year.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: four of a possible 5 on the eek scale!

3. Vic

Vic New Member

Is this the Offseason? last time I noticed were half way there. Because I hear more whiners than racers. get in the race car and race! Racers Going HOLLYWOOD.

4. clint thompson

what a jackass

jack wad fuller wouldn't go alcohol racing because you can't make any money at it? wonder if he could get himself a business and try running that full time while he worked on his race car, made sure he had everything serviced, loaded, stocked and ready to race, drove his own transporter to the track, tuned and drove his own alcohol car in his spare time?? that is exactly what i and a lot of other alcohol racers do. obviously we aren't in it for the money, i am in it because i love the competition, the friends we have at the races, and the mental challenge of trying to outsmart the beast every weekend. jack wad fuller is not even a pimple on a real drag racers $@# ! those of us who pour the blood sweat and tears in every week, and make whatever sacrifice is nesascary to go out and enjoy the sport we love are what drag racing is all about. or maybe he is just jealous that he couldn't afford to go out and run his own team even if it will never pay, and do it anyway just because it is fun. i think he's just a little guy with a big, scratch that, giant head. if i was in charge at valvoline, he would be gone. randy is right, it is all about respect, and he hasn't earned any. i gave him mine because he was the little guy (no pun intended) sportsman racer who made it big, now that i know what he is really made of, i wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire.

5. was R4K

was R4K Member

"i wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire."
    Clint about summed it up!

6. eli

eli Banned

Just 4 more words, YOU CAN`T FIX STUPID!!! :eek:

7. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Well said Clint, see you Friday in Sonoma!

8. Michael Gunderson

Michael Gunderson New Member

But R4K you would have to being a firefighter retired or not.

9. was R4K

was R4K Member

I thought about that-LOL!
    Didn't say I wouldn't put him out, just liked the way Clint said it. Hope you are progressing well Michael- bob

10. alky racer

alky racer New Member

I talked to Rod this weekend and according to him his words were twisted and spun around. The coment about not going alcohol racing was not ment as a slam against the class. He meant it as the alcohol cars dont get paid enough to try to make a living at it. I think some of you who have never done any kind of magazine article should keep what you think you know to yourself! It often happens where people twist things and you never get a chance to read the article till it is out there for the world to see. Rod said he was trying to put together some kind retraction on the article. I guess in the racing world it is guilty till proven innocent.

11. eli

eli Banned

Hey, maybe you can be his spin doctor.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

12. Bobby Bennett

Bobby Bennett New Member

CompPlus

Just to comment on your post Alky Racer.

We have the tape and the tape doesn't lie. We merely wrote what was said.

I also talked to Rod this past weekend. His words were taken out of the context of what he meant but not by us. We merely posted what he said. So when you say words were twisted around...you're barking up the wrong tree.

He's already offered explanations saying he really didn't mean it the way it came across and that HE could have worded it better. Not that CompetitionPlus.com could have worded it better.

How many times has he already explained that? How many times has he said, we quoted the words that he said? How much blood do you want?

Good gracious...I'm sure no one has ever made comments that came across the wrong way.

Alky Racer when you make comments that suggests a magazine misquotes a subject that's the same as publication coming right out and saying you cheat. I'm sure you detest cheating in racing as much as we detest misquoting.

Hope this can finally put this whole deal to bed.

13. NITRO743

NITRO743 new

Bobby
    I for one, never ever doubted your credability... If there are some who are, invite them over for a barbeque and play the tape on your stereo... I think Rod meant every word the way it was stated, and he has been back pedaling so fast since it hit the net, that he is back in the stone age by now... Don't take someones comments about this to heart... I trust you... If they don't, F'um... I don't think anyone on this site has any doubt about what Rod said or meant PERIOD!!;)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  14. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Amen Clint !!!

Clint, you said it all. There are many of us who don't have any visions of granduer of going "pro". We just do it for the love of the game. I couldn't agree with you more!

TSK, TSK, TSK....Jack Wad!

15. eli

eli Banned

16. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

17. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

maybe not

i've heard some encouraging things....lets hope they don't lose their deals.

18. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

From NHRA.com

Powers Motorsports and Valvoline to part ways in 2007
    Top Fuel team owner David Powers has announced that he has elected not to renew his sponsorship agreement with Valvoline Motor Oil for the 2007 season. Powers noted that his dragster, which is driven by "Hot Rod" Fuller, will complete 2006 in Valvoline colors. He also said his team will continue racing in 2007 and beyond.
    :confused:

Who the heck turns down money from a long time sponsor?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  19. PANMAN

PANMAN Super Comp

Newberry/payne

I Do Believe Valvoline Has Reuped With I Know At Least Bob For Another 2 Years Not Sure About Jay.. I Would Asssume Both Would Have Got The Extention.. I Guess They Dug Deep And Found Some Coin To Hand Out!!

20. eli

eli Banned

Thats good to hear, they deserve the coin, they drive the hardest cars on the planet,now Bob fix that clutch pedal so it releases quicker,lol lol :D