High end roots blowers.

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by cudacustoms, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Comparing boost from one engine to another is hard. Boost is a measurement of what is left in the intake manifold. An engine that doesn't breathe well will have high boost. I can also change boost by changing the cam. Engine displacement changes boost. Saying you have high boost doesn't necessarily mean you have a good supercharger but then again it may.

intake manifold temps depend on how fast you are spinning the blower, how good the stripes are and how well the case is made.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  2. Frank Kramer

Frank Kramer New Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  3. noiraude

noiraude Member

Mike,if i understand well,a engine can have too much boost if the blower boost "output" does not match the engine's max flow characteristics,right?
    a long time ago,i red an article about John Force Racing kind of inventing a blower dyno:so an optimal blower output can be measured "on its own"?
    i never bought a blower new,so sorry if my question sounds silly.:p

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I have thought about what you have said and not sure we have that limitation other than lifting the heads off with too much boost. I do know that John force Racing did build a blower Dyno so they could get the best blower within the NHRA rules. The fuel guys are very limited as to what they are allowed to do with a blower so Force would buy a lot of blowers from a company and put them all on his Dyno and measure their performance and only keep the good ones.