Hi-speed bypass

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrod200, Aug 6, 2011.

1. G Martin

G Martin Member

Yes, the system pressure will change relative to a main jet change which will affect the time at which the poppet opens. This is the same reason that you don't want to increase (or decrease) the size of some port nozzles without compensating on others so that it changes your total nozzle area.

It is all interconnected.

2. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

Another alternative is to put an electric high speed (solenoid) on it and then you don't have to worry about changing spring pressures w/ main pill changes. It opens when you want it to, every time. ;)

Josh

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  3. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

So what your saying is, if I set a bleed to open at 40psi, my max pressure will only be 40psi throughout the entire system? Wrong!!!
    A high speed before the pump is a pump sizer. A high speed needs to be after the BV and before a flow meter, if you have one, because it's considered metered fuel at that point.

4. ITS IN MY BLOOD

A high speed does not have to be after the barrel valve. JFYI

:D

5. craig moss

craig moss Member

www.fuelinjectionenterprises.com I have 1 works great,It's on a timer

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

A high speed can be anywhere after the pump and before the flow sensor.

If you are using a poppet type bypass the the set pressure will subtract from the main line pressure and result in less flow through the bypass jet. So lets say you set the poppet to open at 50 psi and the main fuel line pressure it is attached to is 150 psi then this means the bypass jet feels 100 psi of pressure through it. The spring in the poppet is always pushing against the main pressure and subtracting from it.

The only difference between putting the bypass before the BV is that it will see slightly higher fuel pressure and therefore a little more flow.

7. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

My experience with the electric high speeds is that they are more of an on or off type of device vs. a spring poppet that is more gradual, thus lessening the chances of creating a lean spot right after it opens.