Help I cant get the car to leave

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by koister, Jan 2, 2013.

1. koister

koister New Member

Will

Thanks for the advice. I will take the pedal stop off and rely on the string.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

speaking of pedal stops...

make sure your pedal stop is what stops the butterflies, not the linkage stops on the hat. when you get it adjusted right, you should have a little play in the butterflies so they aren't binding on the linkage stops. if not, it will bend the shaft...

3. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

1 inch off the ground, if it smokes the tires, raise them a bit. If it bogs and shakes, lower the bars even more.

4. TR Chassis

TR Chassis New Member

To be quite honest with you I'm not sure. It was a 5,000 stall 10" converter, and I contacted JW about some launch help, I sent it back and they changed the sprag and tightened it up. We don't run a tach on our car but my guess would be lower than 4,000. Remember though we have a blown FED, which weighs much less. Call them and talk to them. I was happy with what they did, and to be honest with you I was skeptical at first when they said it needed to be tighter, but it works.

Rick

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Ken, I have never seen a 4-link run wheelie bars one inch off the ground. If you are too low you will unload the rear tires and that is what I think will happen at one inch. The other thing is that the wheelie bars will hit the ground so hard that they may break. I still think one of the problems is the 115 lbs springs because they just cannot hold a blower car launch. Never seen springs that light on a blower car. Combined with the current shock adjustment there is nothing else you can do to fix the problem. If you change the converter the suspension will still be off so you probably be chasing your tail.

6. koister

koister New Member

reply to mike

so here is what i am going to do. 6 inches off the ground on the wheelie bars, 150 lb springs tighten up the rebound and tighten up the converter and get rid of the pedal stop. then i hope i can get the car to leave and go down into the low 7s.

7. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

Mike, I have been reading this thread with interest and have 1 question about a statement you made regarding the 115lb springs.

You mentioned that the 115 lb springs would not hold the launch, I was under the impression that the springs were not the thing holding the initial hit but the shocks. If you have to put stiffer springs on than the car requires (by what it weighs) wouldn't that indicate a problem in your shock valving? Maybe a shock with faster valving would help?

8. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

But his car weighs 2500 lbs also. The springs will help from having that rear squat down and slamming the wheelie bars. Once you have the correct springs then you are correct on what the shocks do. All the Blown PMs I have worked with all have to use 150 lbs rear springs.

9. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

Fair enough, the reason I asked is I am in the process of choosing springs and with the weigh of the car I need a pretty light spring. I already have the 150's, maybe I'll just use them and see what happens.

Thanks
    Hyjacking over;)

10. eli

eli Banned

I watched the launch, as soon as it stared to pick up the front end you lifted, then it bounced, lower the wheelie bars and stay in it,;)

11. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Thanks Eli. That helps. Maybe wheelie bar and shock adjustment and minus the throttle stop and lol cut that string and let the launch rip.

12. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

spoiler?

I would highly recommend installing a spoiler, especially being a new driver.