Helmet Shroud

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by jw, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Izzy

Izzy New Member

So you're saying if I unbolt that real heavy supercharger I will make weight?
    That's a great idea I didn't even think about that.
    Jeff
    p.s. Can I keep the transmission I really like to shift, it makes me feel like I'm driving. lol

2. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Shift? what the hell is that?.....lol

Us A/Foolers like our cars like sex.....point and shoot!

We do shift our cars Jeff.....forwards and backwards....LOL

KB

3. topfuell

topfuell New Member

Re: Safety

Is it smart to sacrifice weight for safety? Weight = $ unfortunatly. we CHOOSE to compete in a so called sport that just plain costs ging. if $ is the biggest issue, than the sacrifice is: 1. not having potentiol for yor choice of kar to go as quick ajnd fast as poss. ( your choice of kar) 2. give up safety which if you do let me know cause maybe i wont run opposite you. 3. go go kart racing. 4. put a sheetmetal intake on it????? NO NOT THAT. 5. Figure out how to cut weight. inovation????

4. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Back to the subject...the night before NHRA had their meeting I spoke with Len Imbragno (I'm sure others here did the same) and asked if they would consider the use of chromoly plate in lieu of Titanium for cost reduction, I am no metal master by any means but I asked if chromoly would be safe...his reply was he would look into it and bring it up to the NHRA board, I am all for safety. I for one know that in this sport we all often times want to have our cake and eat it too...well, I don't think that will ever happen. We need to thank Len for his support of our class....we damn sure need him for the good of the entire class...Thanks Len.....

I would like to say I'm sorry to Marty Thacker, Mr. and Mrs. Kosky, Will Hanna and anyone else I offended....I am as passionate about our team (combo) as everyone else is about theirs...sometimes things go way beyond rational thought...for that I am also sorry....That said, lets come together for the good of the class....let's let our cars do the fighting!

Peace, Kevin

5. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

Just a little insite for those of you who don't have a Chassis Builder in your back pocket. If you decide to spend the money for a titianium shroud get it ordered asap! Mckinney will build one to your cage dimensions but it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get it, but that is in real time not when there will be dozens of guys needing them. The cost for the titanium pc. is around $1200.00 but dont qoute me on this you know the ole rule supply and demand....
    Just talk to Thresea in sales and she will fax you a dimension sheet for all the required dimensions. I installed one on a local fuel car this year and it took me only about 2 hours to install it.
    Also if you are worried about getting too much air around the back side of the drivers head, the rule does provide for a 3 pc. unit that will allow the air to flow through so you should not have to change your wind screen.

6. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

a/fuels cars are already heavy , ours cant be less then 2105 and its always at least 2125 or more...... so we dont need anymore weight....