Heads up for those racing in Las Vegas...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Randy G., Oct 28, 2009.

1. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

As it turned out we took it home. I figure over the years it cost me about $1.5 million to get it. Would have been cheaper to buy one of Glidden's old Wally's off eBay.

As for me...I'll buy a permit. And I just put DOT numbers on my tractor.

RG

2. Troy Green

Troy Green New Member

We got harassed by Nevada highway patrol back in 2001 going to Fallon. Our truck and trailer was pulled over for no reason and were told by the officer that we had 2 choices, pay him the fine right there on the spot or go to the DMV in Fallon and get the permit....it was not a hard decision! The DMV told us we did not need the permit.
    Troy Green

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Got this today in my email.

Randy - I read your post on ITA about trip permits into Nevada. We have several Ford F-350 dualies with lift gates and a 15GVW rating that regularly travel California to Nevada. These are comparatively small vehicles like a plumber or electrician's truck with a service body and God help you if enter Nevada without a trip permit. They are and have been enforcing this requirement big time for over a year. We also make our guys carry a valid DMV medical card which we expect will also soon be required.

Have a nice day.

RG

4. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Troy, I got a ticket like that in Mexico once. It was "pay now or go to jail'. My question of how much was the fine was answered by "how much you got?" Did the Nevada officer look like Pancho Villa? Dave Germain