Give the blown cars more BLOWER! Immediately!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 4, 2006.

1. rickc

rickc New Member

The afd are on a roll they have moved to number 8 in vegas.

2. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

3. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

Wheres all the heavy hitter a/f cars this weekend ? 16 bad 10 a/f

4. rickc

rickc New Member

looks like the afd are over 1 tenth back

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  5. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

Well Look at the same event last year the blown was on top nice the blown car can be top 1-2 times a year. I think NHRA should allow more nitro at the Vegas race.

6. Bar's Leaks Clay

Bar's Leaks Clay Jr. Dragster

Sponsors view

My smart remark would be looking at the first two rounds in Las Vegas, we should go back to 100% nitro and drop the boost on the blown cars.
    The big picture, as everyone knows, is when you have a class like this, it is impossible to have perfect parity. Some races are going to be more advantageous to some vehicles then others. When you look at the entire season, then you can make an educated assessment of how the year went. At that time you have to review how many cars are in each segment and then what is the quality of each side.
    Another way to look at this is the Pro Stock class. Just because the Ford cars can’t seem to run with the all the others, does that mean NHRA should make their cars lighter, or give them some other advantage? Maybe that is not exactly comparing apples to apples, but neither is the TAD class.
    As a sponsor we have been on both sides of this controversy for over 10 years. For the last few, we even sponsored a car in both sides. Our primary vehicle sponsored for 2006 is a Nitro fueled vehicle. This particular driver has been on both sides also and made a large investment in changing a few years ago. I realize most everyone has many years of time into this, and also much expense. So do the sponsors of these vehicles, whether full vehicle, class, contingency, etc. I feel 100% confident that these back and forth rule changes have limited and lately reduced the number of good sponsors in the class. Upcoming changes will certainly effect our review of sponsorship for the years to come.
    Well, I will get off of my box now, that is my 2 cents worth.

7. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Are you stating you will fund more sponsorship dollars and or cars if another rule change is made? Which would be great and I agree Bars Leaks should do. The class will be more competitive and you would get more bang for your buck.

or was this a black mail type statement?

Thanks for supporting Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car. Keep it up.

8. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Clay, what happened with the Bohr brothers this year? You didnt pull a Matrix (switch or else) on them did you?

9. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

I'll Probably get yelled at for this but the only real way to determine the parity of the class would be to eliminate the divisonal races and base the national points on ALL of the national events. That would force any racer with any thoughts of running for the championship to go to every race and we wouldnt have these arguements of well what if so and so were there this weekend.

10. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Years To Come,seem Waste Of Breath!

11. Bar's Leaks Clay

Class

Are you saying that the class is doomed?

12. Bar's Leaks Clay

Bohrs

Not at all. I liked the idea of having a blown and Nitro dragster. Some people like header flames, some like the blower setting on top. This can include adults and kids at the races. That is who you are all racing for, oh, besides your sponsors. I really liked the Bohr team and it was very difficult letting them go. Our issue was having two cars in the same class in the same area. I needed to spread things around a little. So now I have one dragster and one funny car, at least in NHRA.

13. Bar's Leaks Clay

black mail

It could go either way, not that NHRA cares. I work with both NHRA and IHRA and what a night and day difference. I can actually receive a response from those other guys.

14. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Thanks for the info. I wish IHRA all the best.

I love NHRA, but at some point the way they treat racers etc. might come back to hurt them.

15. eli

eli Banned

As a sponcer, and haveing an insider view, What do you think is going to happen to the alky funny cars in IHRA, now that they have the fuel cars back??? Not to put you on the spot,But to give the alky guys a heads up.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  16. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

eli "Terenzio"

This is an Excerpt from Polburns interview with Jeff Burk (drag racing Online).

POLBURN SAYS IHRA ALKY FLOPPERS NOT IN DANGER
    While at the San Antonio eMax Racing Series, DRO editor Jeff Burk had a chance to sit down and do an interview with IHRA president Aaron Polburn. That interview will be in the April issue of DRO but because one question Mr. Burk asked Mr. Polburn related to the IHRA’s alcohol funny car class and so many of those racers seem worried about the issue, DRO decided to print this one question and answer.
    When asked about the future of the class and whether they were considering doing away with the class, Mr. Polburn said in part, “…We haven’t even thought about doing that…I’m still of the belief that we need a training ground for the nitro funny car drivers…. We’ve had two different companies approach us asking what it would take to keep the class. It would be foolish for us to not keep the class.” Okay, all of you IHRA Alcohol Funny Car teams, back away from the edge of the cliff! (Jeff Burk photo) [3-30-2006]

This is not to say they have never been "foolish" before !

Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  17. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

and he also finishes with this...

Sure, if I'm sitting there and I have an alcohol Funny Car right now, I'm feeling a little nervous. So, have I heard the rumors, yes; have we made any decisions, not even close.

18. eli

eli Banned

Yo, Les, If a chicken and a half, laid an egg and a half, in a day and a half, how much does a pound of butter weigh???:D

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  19. Smokey

Smokey New Member

20. Bar's Leaks Clay