Give the blown cars more BLOWER! Immediately!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

A/FD=$5.00 New return jet

B/AD=$10,000.00 PSI supercharger

Dale H.

2. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

Frankie, I feel great trying to even the class. I know thats what Shelly always wanted. As for Vegas I'm sure the 2 cars should be close but is that parity? When was the last time a BAD has been within a tenth 2 races in a roll? Money is not always the issue. I would think G Kelly, David Wells, and myself along many other blown cars currently running could afford the switch, but thats why there's more than one song on the juke box. And to address the NHRA don't give a shit deal: Well were all just grass parking sportsman racers so why should it matter if they implement a rule change. NHRA MADE CHANGES TO THE PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE CLASS DURING THE SEASON .LETS UNTIE THE CURRENT BLOWN RULES.

3. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Lee,

I dont know how you actually took my comments about Guy and yourself but it wasnt a knock in anyway. I think you know as well as I do NHRA doesnt miss any of the sportsman racers that choose to skip a race, except when it comes to the almighty dollar. But then again for one racer that sits out a race, another one will fill his or her slot. I for one thought that it sucked only having one blown car in Houston, I couldnt believe it when I heard that. As for Shelly, well hopefully one day the class will see what she worked so hard to try to do. I am not alone when I say I miss her. I know the two of you had great battles for D4 suprmecy a few years back. Hope to see you in Dallas later this year.

4. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

Frankie no problem I sure miss those d 4 battles with Shelly she was and always will be close to my heart. I think winning the Dallas blown Low qualifier SHR plaque means more to me than the six trophies on the mantel.

5. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Lee, if you've noticed NHRA has made about 4 Rule changes in PSB just in the last 2 seasons! How many rule changes has NHRA made in TAD in the last 5 years? My point is that they've sat back and watched about a dozen teams Park their cars or hang it up, you think NHRA cares about TAD?? How many cars were at Houston? That used to be one of the Largest TAD fields on the Tour.

6. rickc

rickc New Member

No respect

While I'm not a alcohol racer this is just an observation. I can remember when nhra could care less about the injected cars. How many times a race could they get down the track. At Dallas in the late 80's or early 90s Bushey ran a 5.26 which was lower than the national record but nhra never acknowledged it. Back then it was all blower cars and that is what NHRA wanted.The blowers cars used to be and still are comparable to a deadly consistent bracket car. It was probably every bad 's to draw an injected car in the old days. The injected cars used to be a laughing stock for years.Why did conway not stay with his a fueler in the early days. Why did he quit with the blower car? How many times has Nhra given breaks to different combinations then take them away after they start running good. Look at the Johnsons olds, Santos small block. Can Nhra do it right anyway. Look at the harleys for years they couldn't qualify, and when they started dominating they bust them with 40 lbs 'which really turned their world upside down., Then they over compesated. When the riceburners figure out the fuel injection the harleys want have a chance. So its just kinda of a revolving door. Nhra probably needs more qualified people or consultants to determine rules they make for different combinations. If you were in comp you would get cic and loose index.

7. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Make Yourselves Heard!

Maybe some more people should e-mail the NHRA contacts I posted a few pages back. They will reply. There is no more TARA so you will have to take the ball individually and run with it. I know theres a very few that worry about spelling and grammar but most mail programs will check your spelling for you. Just keep a cool head. Make your point. Ask what their intentions are or whatever, Be polite and professional. And they may even take you seriously. For those racing this weekend. Ask them in person.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  8. rickc

rickc New Member

That was a 6.26 bushey run at Ennis.

9. nitroclovers

nitroclovers New Member

What happened to TARA? Why?

10. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

All As One

WELL I THINK WE ALL want the same thing & that is to race , & race in the nhra , it is all coming out just everybody has a side , or a real point , & it will effect us all in the end , so we the racers are gonna have to lobby for ourselfs , & bend the right ears , we dont want them to chuck it all or come up with their own version with out some real imput , & nhra is the place to race . you could win the ihra championship & nobody would ever know who you are , but we all know who , manzo, newberry, conway, santos , payne,anderson, reichert, torrance, howard,& the list goes on this class was built by some legends , lets keep it going i know i wouldnt want to win a race or a fight if we didnt win it fair, or even nobody wants to give in but we are gonna have to to keep it going , most afulers dont want to give an inch now that they are hauling again , its the long term 2 years from now that we have to look @ , just my opinnion , as I SEE IT , I WOULD RATHER BE PART OF THE SOLUTION THAN THE PROBLEM

11. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Thanks Ethan.

12. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: change sucks

im tired of changing. im not a veteren yet, although it seems ive been doing this long enough to say that CHANGE SUCKS. maybe im speaking for all the a/foolers, or not, but IM TIRED OF IT. sorry to say i want to race, period. so here we go again....GET READY FOR MORE CHANGES AHEAD. US A/FOOLERS NEED TO GET ON THE HORNS TO WHO MATTERS AND VOICE OURSELVES. heck thats how the hair dryers got things done. i guess us FOOLERS just use good hard work to overcome the obsticles and KEEP HAULING ASS. KEEP WORKING HARD A/FOOLERS AND DESTROY.

13. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Looks like a high dollar keyboard here...

14. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

I think the a/fuelers will see another change since that combo is really experimental compared to the blower cars. Again i say to the a/fuel guys when you chose to run a/fuel did you really think you woudn't have more changes come your way as the a/fuel combo got more refined, or did you think NHRA was just going to let you run untill you caught up to the top fuel cars. Yes that would be cool to see, but at who's expense. Don't try to push my blown combo out just so you guys can pound your chest.

How about i get a top fuel car and nhra lets me run in the tad class untill i get it working right. Hey most times i won't get down the track and you TAD guys will beat me, but when i do get it to go under full power from start to finish I will put you on the trailer and that would be fair because most of the time i can't get down the track.

15. spacone

spacone New Member

John, After reading that post I feel 30% dumber than before I read it :confused: :confused:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  16. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

It really says a/fuel guys take your lumps (changes) and like it.

17. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Dave & other AF/D's,
    If you really care about the class, and not just your own deal, please help us BA/D's get the "C" Blower. If we all e-mail or call the fine folks at NHRA and say that is the best next step in bringing the 2 combinations closer together, they SHOULD listen.
    I would be happy to skip a few meals and buy a new blower to save you more percentage. I would also like to see them raise the "D" Blowers to 125% for those BA/Ds that don't want to fork out the money for a new "C" right away. Unfortunately, my opinion doesn't count for much. Probably no single racers does.

Vote for 97% and the "C" blower.

Marty

18. topfuell

topfuell New Member

Re: Blowers

MARTY, you are right. start calling, e mailing, posting, etc A/FOOLERS. im just venting on my high dollar key board.........WHAT DOES THAT MEAN DAN???? IM NOT VERY SMART. HIGH DOLLAR KEY BOARD??? KEY BOARD HIGH DOLLAR??? DOLLAR BOARD THATS KEY? CONFUSED I AM

19. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Cost of Main Jet

Who ever made the post about the cost of the C blower and the main jet has never had to change percent of nitro in an injected fuel car and try to get even close to the same performance. If it was that easy then how come it took one of the most experienced tuners in the country (Darrien) almost a year after the last change to get Ashley's car running again. It sure wasn't for lack of money! He put over 200 laps on the car with 40-50 test laps before the season started. Tuning an A-fool car is probably one of the more difficult tuneups in dragracing. Its all about laps. You don't see anybody giving away their secrets. You can't get a tuneup and help at the races for 500 dollars like you could on bc.

20. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

You know basically the same thing happened when the NHRA allowed the screw blowers back in TAFC. They said they would make provisions for the roots cars out there to be competitive and they made changes. I dont think one change they made came even close to making the two combinations competitive and the same will probably be said for TAD until all there are are the Afuel cars just like there are maybe 5 roots TAFC that show up to all the NHRA events combined. (5 is a guess of course)