getting paid

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Mike Pavia, May 27, 2009.

1. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

I did get paid from the original customer. This is a new customer that bought alot from me and wont pay the last bill. I thought I was dealing with a standup guy but I geuss I was wrong. It just makes it harder for the rest of the racers out there that they have to pay up front from now on. i have no respect for anyone that doesn't pay their bills. I have to pay mine before I can go play.

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Mike
    wish you would have told me you dont have to pay
    could have saved me some money with you :D

all jokes aside Mike is stand up guy,
    if you owe him pay him

most of you have no idea how hard it is being self employed especially when you buy and sell and dont get paid, by a few, you have to raise the price to others and that creates another problem.

3. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

Mike sounds like someone took advantage of you being nice,it all comes out in the wash.Hate to say it but my old boss told me you cant please everyone so dont try,and the more you bend over to help someone the more your but sticks out to get kicked.

4. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

In basic terms, its called theft of services. There are consequences when someone steals. It can get very difficult for a guy that refuses to pay his bills to buy any parts form anyone. i have shared my no pay customer list with many suppliers and other racers in the industry so it doesnt happen to them. They look out for me and I look out for them.

5. rick macedo racing

Mike go one more step if your a member of the better buisness bureau they can help you also your state att gen office can help,theres more than one way to get paid.

6. mark6052

mark6052 Member

I sold a new set of rods to a guy who had an automotive shop. youd think he would have paid up. 3 months later I talked to his wife, problem solved ;) but its a sick feeling to trust a guy who has a high dollar promod and think you just got screwed. darn broke racers.

7. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

go to small claims court
    get a judgement
    then take that to a collection bureu
    you may only get half or maybe nothing but it will go on their credit report

8. ITS IN MY BLOOD

B.A.F.C.O.A.

Broke Ass Funny Car Owner Association

:D:D:D

9. rick macedo racing

If you have anything on a credit report it will make life suck so freakin bad today theyll be a suicide.I had a dentist put a claim in for my wife for 15.54 THAT SHE PAID went to colection after they cashed the check,we sent them a faxed copy and it still showed up at a closing foar a house.
    MIKE do yourself the favor and give it to a collection agency,I also thing you can have them charge interest.
    Rick

10. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

I won't ship anything without being paid in full along with all shipping charges, when I purchase something I ask the seller for the complete total of the parts along with all shipping charges before I pay. I have been doing business like this since I started buying, and selling parts, and I have never been burned. The payment method I prefer to be paid with by (and what I use to pay with) is a United States postal service money order, therefor should the buyer use a counterfeit u.s.p.s. mo to pay then it's a federal offense (counterfeiting + mail fraud = lot's of jail time in a federal pen)!