Gatornationals

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by 310TAD, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

So we're to assume that Mr. Grimes learned nothing with Mr. Whiteley that he'd take with him to his new employer? The mfgr of the head isn't the point of emphasis here, it's what's being done to them. I'd say it's safe to assume that the markings on the heads are a simple CNC program, they could have them say JustinAce if they so desired. To dismiss anyone with a complaint as a non-competitor is idiotic and without merit.

Steve Lapenstark

2. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I'm not dismissing people who complain as non-competitors, I'm dismissing the complaint. Racing is far too often compared by "So and so has this on their car and I can't compete with that." Which is a complete bullshit excuse. Paul Gill ran a 40 with a Veney/BNR combo massaged to his own taste. Pretty Sure Manzo was kicking everyone's asses before the BAE 8X's as well as running 40's, without a 6 shooter at that. Harker wiped the floor with people using a Brad 5 and no timing control. The Maddern Crew hauls ass without the benefit of a Whiteley motor program. Severances were always deadly too, now they just have a little more MPH. Cowie went a 24 in Pomona 2 years before the magic 17 run, and Demke was right there running low 20's too. Do you know, proof positive, exactly what the "modifications" are on that motor or are you just speculating? You don't think it could be the fact that he hired probably the best cam guy in the business?

The difference between the haves and the have nots in racing is not always the parts. Budget helps if you're going to be getting pistons pink in the middle every lap, but aside from that, a big budget buys you two things. Experienced crew, tuners and laps. Maintaining those parts and knowing what and, probably more importantly, what not to do with them is what makes the difference. That's why I'm saying you need to quit worrying about what "they" have and focus on making your own program better. Time you waste worrying about someone else is time you're not spending on your shit. In that regard, you're creating a self-fulfilling prophecy when you say you can't compete and your competition is successful in their mission.