Future of TAD class

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

NASCAR to Busch...

I'm not terribly familiar with NASCAR....but are the current Busch Grand National cars old used Nextel Cup Cars??? Are they made of used motors?:rolleyes: I don't watch it much, but are there a few Luminas, Tempos out there getting lapped by the Monte Carlos?

2. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

still using flat tappet junk in nascar? your at half lift at 300 miles

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  3. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Sounds like a counter measure from NHRA to shut us up...LOL

4. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Yo Dude! pass the bong over here, I need a hit to keep up with all this sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL, and coughing my full head off.

5. Thurston

Thurston New

Will, don't hold back

Boy Will, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel:D
    If there's any doubt about what an oil down mess this so called class would be all one has to do is look back a few years in IHRA's history. Remember the Pro Outlaw Dragster class. Big blocks with 8-71's, small blocks with 10-71’s on alcohol, not nitro, or any cubic inch with nitrous. These cars ran between 6:20's and high 5's if they got down the track without shaking so bad that something usually fell off the car. If they did make it pass the tire shake then not putting oil down was considered a major accomplishment, they just about broke IHRA's bank account buying oil dry. These were not cheap cars most of the teams ran new parts. IHRA and the fans were so impressed they canceled the class after a few years. I’m beginning to think NHRA hired Bill Bader as a consultant. Add nitro and watch the parts fly and not the cars. NHRA would have to be insane to even consider a class like this.

6. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Considering Cruz used to drive a TAD, I guess he didn't get the Training he thought he should have? This is a Dumbass Idea!!! This has Graham "Dim" Light written all over it!!:mad:

7. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

Shockers !

So am I right in thinking you are not gonna do that ??? what if you don't pass tech without that other bottle of accelerant strapped to the car for the fan amusement ? You guys always bucking the changes, Skooter is here to help !:D

8. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Other bottle??? are you refering to 5.7,s in a bottle? or in a case?.. the cars not yell..!

Les, have you tracked that thing down yet?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  9. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

TO NHRA LEAVE THE ALCOHOL CLASS ALONE UNLESS YOU PLAN ON FUNDING THIS NEW JR. CLASS..................LET THE TOP FUEL GUYS FIND SOMEPLACE ELSE TO DUMP THEIR PARTS AND BESIDES WHAT MAKES THEM THINK WE WOULD BUY THEIR USED PARTS................. The alcohol guys and the a/fuel guys may have their differences but their still a bunch of great guys in a great class so leave us alone PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10. eli

eli Banned

Her`s what I can see happaning, all the big name guys put together a team with ther used parts, used chassis, get a bunch of guys that want to work for them, tell them that they have to go through a training school? and it might take two to three years, and they have to buy all the parts they break during that time, after the inatal car is put into service, now they have an outlet for there used parts, and they don`t need you, there`s plenty of peopel that would just love to race and or be on a crew, Don`t sell the rich short, they can make anything happen, and lets face it the big boys in top fuel & F/C pretty much run nhra.:(

11. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

Nope. The Busch cars are built to a different spec than Nextel cars. They are similar but the wheelbases, etc. differ. The engine specs are different too.

Jim

12. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

Just courious??? Where did this idea come from?? I talked to the local Track manager, if he had heard anything about this supposed class. He had attended the Track operators meeting in Florida and said this was the first he had heard of it... Not calling any one liars or anything! Just wondering where it came from...