Fuel System doesn't react to mani pill changes

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by SoDak, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

That all depends on what your former ignition system was putting out -------- maybe your spot on tuneup was with a weaker mag/coil, bad coil wire ,what did you change and when did you change it ?

2. wld4x4

wld4x4 Member

check valves

You don't have your pump saver and idle check valves switched by mistake do you?

3. lucky2wd

lucky2wd Member

Is this happening to all three motors?

4. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

I did flow the whole system and hindsight, since it was intermittent problem in the beginning, I happen to flow it when it we working fine. Keep in mind it takes me about 3 hours just to get everything off the engine and onto the flowbench, not including running it and then putting it all back to the engine. Between 9,000 miles, 29 events (in a 90 day time frame), 5 engines, a real job and wife/kids, I need to be efficient with my time...

Pumps, I did flow and yes the first one was going away, but was it from sucking air or from something else. Enderle has now told me it probably won't hurt the pump to suck air.

I have now made 4 runs in a row, after changing the pump inlet fitting o-ring, and the problem is gone. I will definitely pay more attention to that o-ring from now on :eek:

PS I have wore out pumps on the flowbench and for every question I answer I create 2 more... I guess this is called learning.

I'd like to thank everyone for there suggestions and ideas!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  5. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

ITA=great help with lots of info !!!!!!!!