Fuel Pumps

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by TM, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

JUST GET THE WARM FUZZIES FOR THOSE WHO DARE TO BE DIFFERENT !! HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU TM, ALL CLASSES NEED INNOVATORS AND PEOPLE WILLING TO RISK SETBACKS FOR SUCCESS. WE DID IT RUNNING A CHEV/WEDGE COMBINATION WITH A ROOTS SO WHO'S TO SAY YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WORK . GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

2. TM

TM New Member

Thanks Les. I've always been the type to ask questions--Why is one part better than another. I'm not satisfied going with something just because everyone else does it or the fast guys use it. If there's a better way, I want to know about it. Just look at Garlits and Pete Robinson. Not to say I'm some great innovator but at least I'll have fun tryin!

3. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

TM, son I've been around this racin' stuff over 40 years, and I've always remembered

"Pie-neers get arra's in there ass".

Go for it, Bob

4. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Bob,
    Glad to see that after 40 years you still have a since of humor !!!

Bob Holley

5. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

If your running an alcohol car why would you want a pump that flows 45 gallons a minute. The Waterman is what you want. The reason that the "fast cars" run a waterman is because that's the best for this application.

6. TM

TM New Member

Like I said a few lines back, Settles builds pumps that flow ALOT less. Spent a good deal of time talking to him. Flexible, customer oriented and affordable. He'll make a pump based on MY application.

7. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Do whatever you want TM, it's your money. I'm just offering the the best proven application. When your starting out you have too many other things to worry about. Trying new innovations is fine if your running in the top 10. If your not then do whatever the top 10 guys are doing then think about changing it up a bit.

8. Aussie Alky

Aussie Alky New Member

Hmmmm.....I've heard that Meyer saying a few times now, usually rings true..........but I agree with trying stuff a little different, you will never learn anything if you don't.........I can hear Bob again now.........