Fuel cooling allowed the same as 2008

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 7, 2009.

1. EX-NSP

EX-NSP New Member

cool fool/fuel

I gotta say, the AFC/AFD/TAFD pits are the MOST hospitable when you're looking for a cold one at the end of the day.
    Definitely beats Comp, a little better than the other sportsman camps, and yrs truly, not owning a Rolex, or gold chaine around my neck don't get no invites to pro hosptality areas, smaller and smaller they may be and I'm not much into white wines.

On a serious note, I'm thinkin' that regulating fuel percentage is maybe the most STUPID way to acheive a "level playing field" in any dragrace category for the reasons posted above.

The very fact that ALL categories of nitro racers are looking for ways to bend the rules,methinks the rulemakers need to go in another direction. Cubic inches, weight, in the case of the pros, drag strip distance, maybe tire width, wing sizes,whatever.

A recent very candid statement from an NHRA rules person to yrs truly indicates the Glendora guys are in a tizzy about what to do. (Some of whom seem to be very PARANOID about "CHEATERS". Probably play CLUE a lot).

Like the old Henny Youngman line, "Doc, my arm hurts when I do this." The Doctor's reply, of course, "Don't do that"!

The rules need to go someplace else.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. enzo

enzo 5.500 & 270

Blaaah.

Getting sick for all parity, equality and flatheading.

Why not just make the 4.900 bracket. Class name could be Pro-BS.
    -Even better would be to cut the races by reactions. No need for topspeed explosions and taste of danger.

I think A/FD and TF guys need next to put somekind of gastanks line them to exhaust to make flames.
    -Also the track DJ could play some good-old times 100% nitrofed chestwrecking sounds with gigawatt loudspeakers.

We all could run on electric motors, equally made in Taiwan. Just lend the idea for powering of Scalectrix toycar tracks. -Who would see the difference?

I think this limiting the percentage and cooling the fuel is just a communistic conspiracy. :mad:

But you can knife the nitro into tank when chilled colder, than about 29 C Celsius degrees (~-20F??)...

We have a last shots with 96% in Europe. After that we have to establish a fullthrottle racing association/sanctioning bodies.

Was so good idea some years ago from IHRA to plan 100% nitro AFD, 500cid, clutch cannon and N2O.

Heavymetalman hates about everything. Maybe I hate less, when my containers come home...