Front line intel reports Lindsay Woods will drive for Darien & Meadows this year...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I just decoded an encrypted message from one of my front line operatives that puts Lindsay Wood in the Darien & Meadows ride with backing from Jerry Barker Hummer and possibly K&N this year. Lindsay has won at least one, maybe more races in Super Comp and has quite a list of credentials on both the Super Comp and Divisional level. I don't know her personally, but anyone who can be successful on a regular basis in Super Comp and brackets falls into the 'real' driver category.

Good luck to her. While TAD may be losing one pretty face, it's getting another.

You heard it here first!

2. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

What?

Will,
    Losing a pretty face? No, I'm not going anywhere.

Marty

3. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Good one Marty :D

4. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Lindsay Wood

Well I don't know how Darien gets all these women around him, but more luck to him. I think its odd that Jerry Barker will be her primary sponsor and not CSR. Im almost certain CSR will be on the car, but I would think her dad would want some exposure with it. She has been showcased quite a lot for a super comp racer, I can only imagine how the press will deal with her in an A/Fuel.

CJ Curtsinger

5. $candal

$candal New Member

$100 bucks says it will be Darien Racing. No meadows. Any takers?

6. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

hehe

Darien Racing? I dunno... its against my religion to gamble, but I would say he may keep it Darien & Meadows just to not deal with the hassle of establishing a new name. I hear Meadows is out, but I don't know if his name will be dropped.

CJ Curtsinger

7. yellowbullet

yellowbullet New Member

I think she will do a great job

8. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

I live in Utah, everything's against my religion.

I belive you mean Damen & Meadows. (Seriously, check the entry list for Pomona) Does this mean I get $100?:D

I'm bummed that Jerry won't be driving himself since it was his name on the entry list.

As for Lindsey, never met her, but if she sits in Dariens car, I'm sure the A/F car will make her look flawless.

I was looking through an old Jr. Drag racing magazine the other day and I saw these names either in the featured drivers or results sections:

J.R. Todd
    Shawn Langdon
    Del Cox Jr.
    Kyle Rizzoli
    Lindsey Wood

They were all between 13-17 then. Just thought it was interesting.

As for the press coverage, they love anything new and different. A girl driving in TAD is neither new or different, the driver is both though. Some families just push the three daughters driving race cars thing a little harder than others. (Pause, think, OK you got that) Hopefully Lindsey takes a path like Troxel who has always been out to win not just get on TV, sell T-shirts, and make money. The fact that Troxel's a girl helps her get exposure but she doesn't jam it down your throat.

Flash

9. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

HAHA! Utah?!?!

Flash, I had to laugh when I saw you post that heading. I happen to be Mormon too (actually planning on transferring to BYU next fall), and am well aware of the "everything is against my religion" line.

As for the 5 people you listed... I knew Del, Kyle and Shawn way back when and have nothing but good stuff to say about all of them. I am sure at least one of those three will have a spot in the professional categories for a while.

CJ Curtsinger

10. Blown and Injected

Blown and Injected New Member

Meadows new driver

I just want to know,,,is he just and old pervert,,,or does he just prefer a girl driver,,,maybe they just get more publicity he needs for sponsors??

I don't know Lindsay,,but I hope she does well in a new class for her,,best of luck and give the boys Hell.

11. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

pervert? I think not...

I doubt Darien is a pervert. This is his job and you take what you get, and he happened to get a string of women. He is a very great guy and he practically conditions drivers for the pros. Look at his list... Lucas, Troxel, Force, Scelzi, Bernstein, Pedregon. And after meeting his wife, who is both nice and pretty, Im sure he's satisfied.

CJ Curtsinger

12. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

CJ,

Sorry to disappoint, I'm not mormon but living in Utah I might as well be.

As for Darien, he doesn't go looking for drivers to put in the seat. People give him $$$$$$$$$$ and he lets them drive his car. He has no preference, male or female.

Flash

13. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

Utah and not mormon?!?!

haha, thats cool... I have that Mormon condition where I assume everyone in Utah is LDS :)...

As for Darien having drivers come to him with money, I am well aware of it. If I had $250,000 lying around Lindsay would be still looking for a team. If your looking for a nice future in drag racing, Darien is the man to go to. Im actually really happy someone is using him; I was just talking with someone a few days ago and as far as we knew one of his crew was to pilot the car for at least the winters. It would have been an awful waste of talent if that team sat out a year, but then again Im sure Jerry wouldn't mind a break with the schedual he had with Ashley... John had to be taking her to races for publicity, because she went to so many events that couldn't even give her points.

CJ Curtsinger

14. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

What division will they run?

15. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

division?

Well Woods runs Div. 2 now, and Darien ran Div. 2 last year... so I would think they would stick with Div. 2.

CJ Curtsinger

16. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Is it just me, or is A-Fuel becoming the new home for ex-S/C Female racers?

17. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

A-fuel and S/C are just stab and steer...

18. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

That might of opened up a whole can of worms

19. J.Kenny

J.Kenny New Member

No wonder I can't win. If you ever see me at the track, come find me and teach me how to "stab." Maybe I'm not "stabbing" correctly. And I want a refund on this Biondo practice tree too. And what is Fletcher talking about with this "tighten it up or cut him loose" finish line stuff? Maybe in his next column he can give us Super Comp racers "stab" lessons.<br>
    I'm pretty sure I have been steering good, but who knows?<br>
    Jason Kenny
    Professional Stabber/Steerer

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  20. afuelfreak

afuelfreak New Member

A-fueler"s Are For Old Men & Girls ,