First significant problem...crank hub stuck

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Scouder, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

I use Red Loctite on the snout, seems to work for me but it is a little more difficult to pull the hub off but really not that much more.

Tom

2. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Stuck hub

Try some Sila-Kroil on it. Now matter what puller you use, you're still going to have to get past the galled section interface of snout and hub. The silicone on the Sila-Kroil will help with that. It ain't cheap at $16 a can, but it's worth every penny when you get in a bind, and you're in a ;)bind!

3. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Once this is apart...
    What will have to be done to the crank snout and hub to prepare it for future use?

4. Scouder

Scouder New Member

I was pulling the crank in the first place so I could send it off to be checked out. It is only supposed to have 12 runs on it, but I want to be sure. I am assuming it will have to be welded on the snout and keyway holes and then re-machined. Won't know till I get it off. It'd be nice if it wasn't that drastic, but I can't image it being that easy.

-Scouder

5. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

Hi Fuelish Habit,
    What is Sila-Kroil? Never heard of it. Where would you buy it? That is what I like about this site. You can always learn it you listen.
    And I agree, Scouder is in a bind. Keeping the puller lubricated is a huge deal because of the pressure. Some one mentioned a porta power type puller? Where did that come from. They put dampeners on at the factory with this type of set up but have never seen it in the aftermarket.
    thanks
    Dale

6. Moparious Maximus

Kano Laboratories sells The Kroil products direct. 615-833-4101

Its real good stuff not cheap but what is in this line of play

7. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Kano Labs sells direct - look them up at www.kanolabs.com
    As far as a port-a-power - you can buy them on Ebay or rent them from tool rental places, such as Sunbelt Rentals (used to be Nation's Rent), RSC, etc.

8. tc1216

tc1216 Member

HI, after wrecking several hubs and trying different products, I found Lawson Products Lubri-Temp Mark XXII Anti-seize Compound, P/N 11921. It is a high temp, high pressure, anti-galling compound. Clean the hub and snout very well, smear it on liberally, red loctite on the bolt, we never had a problem after that. PSI funny car going 5.80s.