FIRE SUIT RECERTIFICATION

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by flash, Oct 29, 2003.

1. flash

flash top alcohol

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHICH FIRESUIT COMPANYS ARE GOING TO RECERT THEIR OWN FIRESUITS FOR NEXT YEAR-AND WHICH ONES ARE GOING TO MAKE YOU BUY NEW ONES? IF I HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE,IT WILL NOT BE WITH A COMPANY THAT WILL NOT RECERT IN THE FUTURE!! THIS QUESTION IS IN REFERENCE TO TA/FC-TAD SUITS.

2. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

From thi initial announcement, Simpson stated that they would not re-cert any suit. (They may have changed their tune, but last I spoke with them, this was the stand.)
    SRP made me the coolest suit I have ever owned. It has the new CARBON-X on all of the inside layers, and nomex for the outside. Thin, nice, comfortable, inexpensive, and they told me that they would re-cert down the road.

Sorry- that is the only two I know about. Security Race Products

3. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

I own both a Simpson and a Leaf suit, both who say they won't re-cert. I'm still hoping that Leaf changes their mind. If not, we'll be buying a Taylor suit; I have seen him say on other boards that he will always support his stuff, as long as it is in good condition.

4. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

I called NHRA Tech Dept. And was told that any suit without a date would be classed as a 01/01/2002

5. Dennis Taylor

Dennis Taylor Authorized Merchant

Ken you are correct. We will allways service what we sell. We will recert firesuits within reason. Check out the new suits on our web site.DT.