fire suit help....

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by secondwindracing, Mar 6, 2013.

1. underby6

underby6 Active Member

You're looking at the wrong guys....and it's def not even close to 99%. They may use Impact chutes but not many use the suits. Free shit is still shit.... Many have moved to Stand21 and I'd say the majority of others wear Simpson. I forgot about Design500, I know Mick always used their stuff and it seemed very nice.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323
    Torque MGMT - Owner

2. badbird

badbird New Member

i always had two piece suits
    heavy weights and light weights all -20
    i got a stand 21 suit made not cheap but its light flexible it breathes and its a real fire suit that far exedes the requirements for the spec,
    ill never go back, now my son will start racing TAFC i insisted he got a stand 21 suit .....,

3. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

1 piece does make you take it off when you get back to the pits. Not sure why guys wear their pants in the pits. I personally dont wanna ruin my 1500 dollar suit.

Dave, I have the stroud ultra suit. Very soft and comfortable, but does have a weird smell i can't get rid of. lol

4. chutedragger

chutedragger Member

SRP....security race products out of Seattle area. Al lapointe,and Scotty runaway small, and very first class shop. They do boat chute jackets, and the likes, but also build killer fire suits, and at very good prices. All the options...zipper double cuffed legs, sewn in arm restraints, ect. Very custom, and good turn time. Realistic too!! Recerted my -20 one piece, re did the webbing in the arm pit (as it wears from wiggling out of the fed)...no charge, says thanks for the business over the last 15 years!!

They have been big supporters of the northwest scene for a very long time. Look them up!

5. crdafoe

crdafoe Member

Design 500

I went right to Design 500's facility, they measured me, and made my -20 one piece suit and boots. It's a full CarbonX suit and is as light as i've seen. They've been here in the Seattle area for 31 years and are excellent to deal with. Good prices too.