espn sucks again

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by jakedawgwhite88, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jakedawgwhite88

jakedawgwhite88 New Member

as usual I am ready to watch sportsman series at the scheduled time and what do I see friggin nascar wrap up, its 15 minutes afterwards are they going to play it maybe, maybe not or will they show a bunch of nascar bs. :confused:

2. Tompkins_Racing

I normally don’t do this but I am sick and tired of nascrap taking our air time! Here is what I e-mailed to espn (Extremely Stupid Pathetic Nimrods).

---------------------------------------------
    We don't care about over doing NASCRAP! The NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series is scheduled to be on at 11 PM EST. But of course we get screwed by your bright decisions and NASCRAP coverage is still on.

I wish NHRA would drop your sorry butts and go a RELIABLE network!

HOPEFULLY SOME DAY!
    --------------------------------------------

3. mightymouse

mightymouse Member

email

I just emailed something close to that to espn. when they get flooded with emails,maybe they will get the hint.

4. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

you guys r for reals????

I am not a big fan of nascar, but its still a cool motorsport to follow, the reason they are showing more coverage is becuz Jimmie Johnson made history with his fourth consecutive Cup Series championship. so don't be a meany and b kuhl with what was accomplished...

I think its cool, and hope you look far past it....the link is below...

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/hea...on.wins.fourth.cup.title.homestead/index.html

take care, your pal....S!CTOR:cool:

5. jakedawgwhite88

jakedawgwhite88 New Member

It doesn't bother me that its nascar necessarily, his accomplishment is certainly historic but I didn't see espn do the same for tony schumacher and he did something similar. Aside from that, all nhra gets pushed around not just the sportsman this is just the coincidence that pushed it over the edge. Nothing against nascar, but espn has been pulling this crap all year, with various stuff and especially poker of all things :confused: Our family just wanted to get uncle Jim's win recorded and we don't like the chance of the show getting cut short.

6. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

I feel your pain, I get offended when the drags get put on the side for poker...no bueno! well I did see the races now, and they were S!C

7. sportsman fan

sportsman fan New Member

ESPN blows

Once again they screw us over last night. It had last sportsman race of the season. Good thing I was up I had stop my dvr and reprogram it! We can send emails all we want till are fingers fall of it won't do a bit of good. ESPN folks are F----n assholes and don't give a shit about the NHRA. ESPN rather film some jerk-off sport than REAL RACING(NHRA RULES). One more thing while I'm insulting ESPN lets have open huntin season on Paul Page he sucks as a announcer put him out of his misery.

8. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

What time did the show come on at?

9. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

About 20 or 30 mins late I think. It was worth the wait though, man those TAFC's were fast. I was there and it really didn't sink in how fast everyone was going until I saw it on TV. But it stands to reason, because if you didn't have a TON of wheel speed getting out to 100-150 feet where the rubber was peeling off the track and it was a washboard, you were shaking your brains out. Good thing the first 60 feet was excellent. It was incredible to see all those mid and low 50's go up on the board.

10. mike cioci

mike cioci New Member

espn

i get pissed when espn puts the snowmobile drag races on....the last time i checked....they were for the snow.....wtf

11. eli

eli Banned

OK, so what do you think would be the # on the board if Manzo was there? just for S/G I'll say 5.47

12. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I'd go with a 47 or better as long as he was having a Superman weekend. I think everyone else running so close to him would give him reason enough to go for a new ET record. :) Indy proved that even Manzo is mortal at times though. He was at Pomona walking around.

13. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

It started 38 mintes late according to my DVR.

After running a 5.58 in qualifying we shook our brains out against Moats first round and shook just about as hard against Alexis in the second round so I made some changes. The starting line in the right lane had large bald spots that were as greasy as the parking spaces in front of Wal*Mart. Even some of the Pro Stockers were having trouble. The rubber down track was chunking and we got real loose in the final. Daniel got in trouble as it slid way right of the groove before 1/2 track. He fought it all the way to get it back in the center doing some fish tailing. I am surprised it ran a 5.54 considering the route he took to get it there.

Manzo likey would have been fast, but this was O'Bannon's day. He had the best car and we congratulate him on his win.

RG

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  14. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

They certainly had the track's number when it was all said and done. Including that 5.56 in qualifying on Saturday night when it was colder than a witches titty! (And down that right lane no less).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  15. eli

eli Banned

Very politically correct answer HA HA HA

16. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

What else would you expect!

17. michael hall

michael hall New Member

Espn

We ALL have had this discussion numerous times on here about how crappy ESPN's coverage is. I though NHRA had a contract with them, guess it was written on toilet paper. We seem to get screwed by girls softball, the Little League World Series, and even bass fishing. I too lost out due to DVR timing woes! It seems like NHRA doesn't give a damn, and continues to allow ESPN to go past start times, short change airtimes, and constant other problems. Whether it is pro guys, us little low buck Sportsman racers, we all get screwed by the Left Turn Clowns(NASCAR). Who do we have to punch in the peaches to get their attention???

18. Cricket

Cricket New Member

Espn

I Guess it all depends on how much money NHRA wants to pay ESPN for the coverage.

19. Tompkins_Racing

Please forgive me is someone else has asked this question in the past. :D

Can anyone say whether and other sport deals with the same inconsistent start times on espn? The more I think about it the more is seems realistic to say that there must be some sort of regularity to seeing start times become skewed not only for drag racing but other sports too.

Just curious to know if anyone can shed any light on this end of the subject.

Tom

20. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Soccer fans feel diss'd, too.

From http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-612270.html

"Soccer fans who tuned into ESPN2 Thursday night to see the Women's World Cup quarterfinal match between Brazil and Nigeria missed most of the first half because the network stayed with its coverage of NASCAR qualifying from Daytona Beach, Fla.

"We generally stay with live events until their conclusion," ESPN spokeswoman Diane Lamb said of the decision to continue coverage of the Pepsi 400 qualifying.

The Connecticut-based network received about 400 complaints over the telephone, which is "more than we usually receive," Lamb said. "It shows us that people ..."