Equality

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by tjenna, Sep 1, 2003.

1. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Indy 29 TAD Cars (Blown and AFD)

6 AFD's Qualified
    10 Blown Qualified

19 Blown Cars Made Runs
    10 AFD Cars Made Runs

Is equality an issue? What can be said or not about the top 8 vs. the bottom 8?

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

the thing with numbers is not only can they be presented in a number of different lights, they can be interpreted in a number of different ways, depending on the amount of bias.

thats why i just like to look at the plain fact. when a blown car hits their absolute best and the a/fuel car hits its absolute best, the a/fueler wins every time.

alot of scuttlebut was made about thacker's .38 compared to bradshaw's .36. hat's off to marty, but that was the absolute best run in those conditions. i think the nose was so light, the pedal was necessary to make it a .38 and not an abort. so all the talk about 'what if' i don't really think holds water. regardless if it did run, say a .35 w/o the pedal, we've seen bradshaw, reichert and others run in the .20's in very similar conditions. so the comparison of thacker's .38 to bradshaw's .36 isn't apples to apples.

also as duane shields pointed out at the tara meeting, as much as i want to see something done, i don't want the a/fuelers to be rendered non competitive. i just want the blown cars to be competitive again.

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

On the same page.

4. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Willy,

Apples to apples, Same track, same conditions, same starter, asphalt, lane, bulbs in the tree, score boards, same fans, same scale, same concrete wall on each side. We and the rest of the cars @ indy wanted to run faster but, it just didn't happen..... You think Randy wanted that low quailifier money? Conditions didn't allow for that to happen. It was 2850 ft corrected when we ran that session....A lot of water in the air also..