Episode IV: The Blown Cars Strike Back

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

I agree, and on an added note....lets use racers who are currently racing! Not those who have ran last year and now are gone or parked! I think everyone who has an invested interest in TAD needs to run their cars and then voice their opinions. Way to many opinions from non racers do nothing more than stir the
    SH!T pot...not good for either side...

Heres and idea....

2000+ feet in adjusted altitude...AFD gets 100%
    1999 feet and below lets run 98%

May not fix the total problem but it damn sure would help....

Kevin Brown

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i dont think you'll ever see, nor should you ever see on site weather related rules, such as factoring off the corrected altitude for nitro percentage. at this point we can only look at what happens this summer when the top a/f cars run at different tracks and altitudes. vegas is the worst alcohol event on the schedule in terms of altitude.

as far as divisionals, i would hate to see nhra make changes to the class with long term implications for a series the class may or may not have a long term future with.

3. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

I sure do get a kick out of ppl like Mike and a few others thinking that the ppl with the blown cars are either idiots or not trying to go faster. Let me let you in on a little secret here guys. I happen to know 2 of the best blown alky guys in the country last year in Marty Thacker and it is no secret I worked on David Wells car and it was the best one last year proven by where he finished points wise. If you think for one minute Daves brain wasnt going 24/7 on how to make that car go faster you are nuts! That is all he thought about. We went to dinner after qualifying he was doing nothing but trying to figure out how to go faster. So was Marty, and he aint stupid either like you seem to think. You say the funnies picke up 4 hun. Well dude they have a few other things they can work on begining with the body being sleeker and more aerodynamic. Little hard to make the dragster too much more aero than what they are. Remember Big Daddy did it years ago and it still aint took off in the top fuel ranks. You say Hillary Wills run would have been a real low 20? Well dude it isnt a low .20 and aint gonna be. It wasnt done period. Wake up and deal in reality not fiction. Your program can say what it wants and you know what the run aint been done yet so till it does it dont exsist period! I am not saying that it aint possible but bottom line it aint been done. Oh and by the way we had Norm Grimes helping us and he was and is regarded as the best blown alky tuner in the business and we still didnt run low .20s. You dont want to use the best runs to figure it then look at it this way. Last year take the 5 best blower cars out there and use their 5 best runs each and then take the 5 best nitro cars and each of their 5 best runs and average them and guess what I bet there is still a tenth to tenth and a half difference. Guys all need to quit bitching about this and figure out a way to make the blowers run faster and since Mike thinks these guys like Marty and Dave cant tune one then why dont he give us an answer. I will tell you why cause he dont know how either. Beleive me nobody in the blower cars want the nitro slowed down all they would like to have is the means to be able to run in the teens and till the nhra lets them use the technology it aint gonna happen.

4. was R4K

was R4K Member

well said "Sniffer"!

5. alkysniffer

alkysniffer New Member

Well a couple of things ppl are failing to realize here. First off when Santos was running away with the class with the small block set up what happened after that. They changed the rules and put weight on them I believe so guess what it rendered the setup useless after that. Had they left them alone who knows maybe that setup would be running low .20s or so but as it is now nobody is gonna know. Also the nhra is not gonna let the afuel cars run in the 4s. Aint gonna happen I will lay money on it. The 4s are for the pros and they are not gonna let them or the blown cars any closer to it and have it ruin the show that makes the money. That is business. Mitch Meyers come close to doing that last year in Pomona and I would be willing to bet there was a lot of talk in the tower after that.