Electric high speed ???

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blown375, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

Clippard actuators. Decker timers and not valves.

2. Gary Mangiafico

Solenoid Valves.

You can use a Solenoid valve as a high speed.

I manufacture solenoid valves. I can give you a valve that will flow as much as you would want to return back at pretty much any pressure that you would want. We have off the shelf valves with a .156" orifice that will work up to 350 psi. I can also manufacture valves with larger orifices with higher pressures.

The advantage of a solenoid valve in my opionin is that they are more consistant than an air valve. They are not as temprature sensative.
    If allowed the controllers like (Dave Leahey's electimtion's) are alot easier to use also. Leahey also has a fuel log system.

Hope this helps

Gary Mangiafico
    Absolute Pleasure Racing

3. Eric Vollmer

Eric Vollmer Member

Just another idea to throw out there...We have used an alcohol version solenoid from Combo-Flo with great success. It is the same principal as the NOS solenoid's but these valves run on air. The beauty of it is that it takes very little power to run the solenoid and they can be hooked up directly to your high speeds on the barrel valve and run with an electrimotion box. It is very easy to use, setup, and change jet sizes.

4. Gary Mangiafico

Electric Solenoid Valves

An electric solenoid valve also uses very little power to use when designed properly.

When a NOS valve is used that is designed to open up against 1000 or more psi it requires a lot of current to open.

When I design a valve with a 5/32" orifice to open against 200 or 250 psi I require no where near the amperage that the NOS valve uses.

A nos valve will work however it was not designed as a fuel managment valve.

Gary Mangiafico

5. Eric David Bru

The 16060 uses 0.80 amps, the 16055 uses 2 9v batteries... :rolleyes:

EDB