dragster steering

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by pat Iley, Sep 20, 2023.

1. pat Iley

pat Iley Member

i have a dragster that has a axle and also uses a leaf spring on it. who made this set up and is it still available. what feed back on using this set up. i hit the wall and am in the process of repairing front of dragster and am curious to feed back on this set up. attached is 3 photos showing parts

Attached Files:

2. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Ok; I've built over 150 cars, copied and enlarged what you've posted, and can NOT understand what was on the builder's mind ??
    Do you have pictures of it before you crashed ? I see some sort of bolt in mounts, but not what it mounts to, or where the spring goes or how to control the caster ?

Eric David Bru likes this.
  3. pat Iley

pat Iley Member

attached are 4 photos of how it goes onto chassis. the rear end in the car is a boulton fabbed rear end. i was told it is a boulton chassis but cannot find a tag to confirm.also have not seen any adds on different sites for this steering set up dragster1.jpg dragster1.jpg dragster2.jpg dragster3.jpg dragster1.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Only my own opinion, but I'd highly recommend going to a experienced chassis builder for a new welded or bolted tri-pod style front end that allows you to steer away from danger !

Eric David Bru likes this.