drag racer not a drag racer hey bulldog6

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by G.Reichert, Nov 20, 2005.

1. topfuell

topfuell New Member

re: thats why i picked a/fuel

I didnt pick a/fuel with the thought in mind that there were going to be rule changes. my point was.....racers who havent experienced what all of us a/foolers have .....need to. if anyone wants to race the badest, quickest, fastest TAD's they can, i guess a/fool is the way and we have to live with yearly changes we get. so who wants to race the baddest cars possible, with the choice of : hairdryer or a/FOOL???? I GUESS WE ALL KNOW.

2. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Can you run with the best of them?

John, the way I see it is this way....Sean runs a .33 and you know he has more (Norn is not stupid) can you run with him?....I bested a whoppin .57 and Bill runs a .23 can I run with him?(Brooks is not stupid) not only NO but HELL NO! I spent 12K in fuel system upgrades to run that smooooooooth .57, now for christmas I get to spend even more cash to jump over the tune up for 98 points to 97....you think I should take my my hits? Hell your faster than me...should I bitch cause you run faster than I do? Nope, I just wanna race.....Santos kicked my ass in 01 on a regular basis...but I worked and worked to try and beat him....to no avail..... but I am not known as a quitter....I am however A/FOOL!

We have apples and oranges here.....let's slice/dice em up and what do we have when we're through?....a big ass bowl of fruit salad!

Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe and enjoy your family!

Peace, Kevin

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  3. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

No we don't... Why don't you try an explain it to us in English...

All this bitchin about rule changes is just ridiculous. If you can't look at ND each and every week to see the advantage that you've had over the blown cars for the past few years, you really need to get you eyes checked...

Sure some people have made the switch to Afuel because they got tired of being also rans, well some Blown people just flat out love the blown engine and will never run anything else in their dragster. Some people have quit because they don't have the money to piss away each and every year that NHRA throws out another rule that does absolutely nothing to create equality in the class...

When NHRA finally pulls this equality off, then TAD will be a great class again. Until that happens, it is just two different animals trying to compete for the same food. Unfortunately for these past few years one has had teeth and claws while the other just gets to pick up the scraps that are left behind...

I'm one of those racers that will likely come back to TAD again, and it will be in a blown car. But until these cars are on equal footing, my stock broker is going to be busy buying instead of selling...

Dan
    Blown and damn proud of it...

4. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

You didnt? well perhaps before any more people consider racing in TAD maybe you can contact one of us old guys and we can document for you the thirty years of rule changes going all the way back to when A/ Fuel raced at 2.65 pounds per cubic inch. Or maybe the time Blaine and Alan Johnson got hit with two blown rule revisions in two months. Their canted valve olds got hit with weight. so then they went from a canted valve to a billet wedge head, which FLEW then NHRA said OH we cant be allowing that! Gotta be a cast head. Then they got out the welding rods and flew again with the wedge and NHRA said. Ok this has gone far enough NEW weight break for you! Then Alan and Blaine went back to the canted valve. Oh and Dave did you know Bill Reichert prefers the beautifull sound of a 'hair dryer'? Go ahead your local to him. Call him up and ask him!

5. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

Kevin, Yes I can run with the best of them and we'll see how many i can put on the trailer next year. I think i can put Norm Grimes and Obannon on the trailer too.

6. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

That a baby......I'm just gonna test! LOL

Peace, Kevin

7. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

Damn!!!....and the pissing contest continues...oh well, time for another pork soda.

8. larrymiersch

larrymiersch Member

Boy, It is starting to get fun again.

Mr. Haley, do we really know how fast the blown cars can go? I have driven for Norm Grimes. I know what Norm Grimes can do. Remember, we saw it for a short, quick, enjoyable 5 years. At this point in time he is taking it slow so that Sean can get a little more seat time. What will happen when turns the hair dryer on high?

By the way, I do like your confidence.

Happy Thanksgiving,
    L

9. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

"do we really know how fast the blown cars can go?" Mid 5.20'S in good air. I'll try to find out next year if i can go any faster than that. :cool: