Do we really need a bigger catch can???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by pennance, Nov 19, 2009.

1. 84champ

84champ New Member

I called Spitzer about there puke tank i asked for the dimensions he told me that the tank on top holds 7gals. then he said it has a extra 8inches of depth in a square configuration that holds 3gals and bragged that you could put 10gals in it before you dropped any oil on the racetrack who is the genius that came up with this i can't put 5gals in my motor without it foaming is it designed to hold a couple of oil changes or what i thought there was a drivers group or something that had input did anybody go to bat on this deal

2. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

I am with you guys on this. I have knocked holes in a couple pistons and never had more than a cup full in the tank. I think it is though important that the hoses don't burn off in a fire putting more oil out as fuel. Very funny that this rule has come up. Maybe one of the reps can shed some light on this.

3. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Srac

Gentlemen,
    If you're reffering to the SRAC reps, we had no input for any of the new rules. At the Dallas event, I argued against this new puke tank, but was told that I was waisting my breath because "Glendora had made up their mind". I was also informed that you had to have more capacity than there was oil in the engine because of the air/ vapor that also took up space in the tank (granted).
    Back to the SRAC reps, I requested meetings on 3 different occasions in 2009 and each time it was denied by the sanctioning body. I expressed concern about them just wanting the committee to die off (maybe after it failed to be a complaint department for them), and was told that was not the case. Hopefully this year we can get some input again.
    Happy New Year,
    Marty Thacker

4. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

Thanks Marty for keeping everyone up to date.
    Dale

5. larrymiersch

larrymiersch Member

Tank and such.......

I don't agree with these rule changes either. However, if we choose to do it, we have to play by their rules.

I did get my SPITZER tank last week and it is awesome! Big but still awesome.

-L