Digital Fuel timers (ie Leahy box) good or bad for TAD/TAFC?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Len:

There are a handful of issues that need addressing in TA/FC but I don't intend to hijack Will's thread by bringing them up.

I don't know that I would refer to all the items on my list as "star wars" because they are all current technology. The problem would be how to police all of it. Based on one run in Top Fuel at Indy, I would say monitoring is proving to be pretty difficult.

I appreciate you (NHRA) bringing this to the racers for discussion. Thankfully we have Will's site to hear everyone's opinion instead of relying on one or two "experts" to speak for us.

Randy

2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Cody,

Now thats funny, I couldnt agree more on the description of Fallon this weekend. How early were you second round? You guys going to Vegas and Pomona and if so, whose drivin'?

3. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

the last couple of years, I have had the chance to be on both sides of the fence BAD and AFD as a crew member, and have seen that the Leahy box could and will make the fuel system more consistant just by seeing how it worked on the ignition system.
    I was taught that if you have more than one timer on the car that you need to cycle the system before a run to make sure you have the line pressures up, and if you don't do it there could be a good chances your timers will be off thus using more CO2.
    Also I see that there will be a lot less airline plumbing that can leak or fail! Just ask Izzy, we had one of the lines burst which turned on the high speed at the hit and the result was not good and who knows the chances that that line could of been one of those replaced with the leahy box and things could of turned out differant. So I am seeing a saftey advantage to it too

4. Thurston

Thurston New

Gotta like that, can't say no to anything that makes it safer, and if it helps keep stuff off the track, should make the powers that be happy, not to mention the track service doing the clean up.

5. Blown Chances

Blown Chances New Member

Fankie

Bummer huh.

I'll drive the car the rest of the year. Hopefully in both Vegas and Pomona.

Flash