Data Logger Recommendation

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Relentless, Apr 24, 2009.

1. big blue oval

big blue oval Member

RPM!!! I have called Randy so many times with so many stupid questions and he is the most cordial person ever......wouldn't change for anything!

2. MoparMartian

MoparMartian Member

* RPM Data Logger *

RPM... Great unit for the price...Installed on my Quick 16 Blower Car... System is easy to use and the Blue Tooth Wireless connection is awesome. I'm an IT guy, but this thing is very easy to use. Randy will help with anything you need.

3. TimeMachine

TimeMachine Member

Which RPM Datalogger did you go for in the end? The prices look quite respectable for covering the basics.

4. big blue oval

big blue oval Member

I have the DL 10

5. TimeMachine

TimeMachine Member

I've been pricing that up as an alternative to the Racepak, looks quite a good deal. We will be using it with a SuperMag (can't remember which one off-hand), how do you pick up engine RPM?

From the website it looks like it uses a tach adaptor, in my experience those things plain don't work. I'd be happier with an inductive pickup as most things use - the Racepak I'm looking at uses an optical link to cut down on interference.

6. GumBGone

GumBGone Member

Tach pick-up

The RPM system I got from Randy was for Mallory. He trades out the tach adapter for an induction pick-up that goes on the degree wheel. Randy is great to work with. If you do go with the RPM ask Randy how to install your magnet in the wheel.

7. SNAPPY

SNAPPY TAFC

Call Randy and no one else. He ALWAYS answers my questions and is there to help. Even late night in the middle of winter when we set up his new system. Or sat night at a track somewhere. Try that with your big Guys.............They may be good but they don't have Randy to answer the phone.

We are on our second unit from Randy.
    1st on before he sold to Autometer (and yes the service went down with Autometer)

2nd one is his new DL unit wireless is awsome!

Buy from Randy
    That's all you need to know!!!!!

RPM 405-495-0454

8. craig moss

craig moss Member

Randy RPM GOOOD stuffff !!!!! He will custom tailor to you're needs . I run one in a boat. He said in the first year if I sink it he will repair it n/c!! WOW!! Racepac don't have that !! (GOT RPM) yea:cool:

9. Relentless

Relentless www.bretitanium.com

Thanks to everyone for all the replies, very helpful and also made our mind up to go with RPM and Randy's service. He sounds like a very fair bloke.

Thanks again

10. TonyB

TonyB Member

Rpm

WE have been running the RPM unit and anytime we have a problem either Randy sorts it over the phone or he sends a replacement. Top Bloke.

11. Ro Yale

Ro Yale Member

Set up our RPM today and andy answered our many calls one right after another. Thank you RPM!

12. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

Been following this thread, as we are adding a data logger, to our injected alky car, to help the transition to A/Fuel (next years combo) I like the RPM unit, but do not see anywhere what type of computer/laptop would be needed to support it. Just got a new MAC notebook (laptop) will any of these systems interface with a MAC ?? :cool: Thanks, Mike

13. TimeMachine

TimeMachine Member

I haven't seen any that claim to support a Mac but then I also haven't been looking - generally they seem to be Windows based. You might be able to use a Mac if you check out Virtualbox though - lets you run a copy of Windows inside your Mac OS. No guarantees mind, you'd be best off asking the suppliers.

14. AlsopRacing

AlsopRacing New Member

Email?

I too am after a data logger for my blown/injected small block Altered... does anybody have an email address for the famous "Randy at RPM" please? I'm pretty severely physically disabled and using the telephone isn't really an option. Cheers

15. craig moss

craig moss Member

I called and left a message for him to post his e-mail or to call me and I will post it. Good selection on a recorder !!

16. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Alsopracing please check your PMs.

17. blown375

blown375 New Member

18. AlsopRacing

AlsopRacing New Member

Thanks for the replies and that email address. I actually emailed that address on Friday but no reply yet - understand he could be away/busy for the weekend though.