Data Logger Recommendation

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Relentless, Apr 24, 2009.

1. fastavenger 588

fastavenger 588 New Member

Rpm

Buy a rpm randy is the best love mine had it for years:d

2. Relentless

Relentless www.bretitanium.com

Thanks to all for the replies, appreciate it.

I have heard ALOT of good things about RPM so I am definetly swaying that way. Agree with the comments about Racepak, seems very odd that no one mentions them, other than the obvious cost factor.

3. Lethal Threat Racing

RPM is the only way to go. Randy has been going with me to the track with me and helping me with my Pro Mod. You can not belive what he can see in a run of data that the regular guy misses. I know he anwsered over 50 tech questions on Saturday alone at the track on the phone. Now try that with the other brands. He really has a nice system. He is workng on several new things. I have been runing a few of the proto types on my car and they all work . I can not say what they are so call him he might tell you. Randy is my neighbor and I dont want him to come do donuts in my yard. For those that dont know he has a new wireless download system. No more cables.
    He is working a dash unit, in color and you can set it to display any of your information.

Todd Martin

4. fastavenger 588

fastavenger 588 New Member

need a dash

i wish he would hury op on the dash i have been wanting one so bad the wireless stoff is the shit would not go aney other way:D

5. rodschevy

rodschevy New Member

I heard that rpm were going out of business is this true

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I was talking to Randy yesterday with no mention of that. I will ask him and let you know.

7. Lethal Threat Racing

NOW WERE CLOSE. He told me his sale are steady not up not down and at this time that is good he said. He also thanks all of you for the positive feedback.
    Randy and his wife were just at a party at my house and I asked.

Todd Martin

8. underby6

underby6 Active Member

We've ran RacePak since I was in jr. dragsters til' top alcohol, about 15 years. Great product, great service, never had any problems...and they have every option you could ever want. We run a PRO-2, I'd recommend RacePak to anyone looking for a data system.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323

9. Dale Finch

Dale Finch Member

I have used a Racepak for years. They flat work. Not cheap. Get what you pay for. I think sometimes people judge off of used products. If you are going to buy one have the seller ship it to Ron and have it checked out first! Lots of sad used stories.

I have just recently started helping someone with a RPM and Randy's help was fantastic! This version was a simple system but some neat features never the less. Love to try the pro version.

10. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I have just confirmed with Randy at RPM performance that he is not qoing out of business. I quote from his email "No, we are not going out of business. The company is doing very well and there has been no thought whatsoever about shutting down."

11. Relentless

Relentless www.bretitanium.com

I hope not as we have just got sponsorship from Randy.

Very happy and glad we were recomended by ITA.

Thanks to all.

12. wildman

wildman Member

data recorder

I research all the units the best that I could. I heard nothing but bad things about the autometer unit. RPM was good but lacked some features we wanted. So, we called Computech. This was the best call I ever made. They bent over backwards to set us up with what we needed and wanted. The digital dash is wonderful. However , it's features may be a problem with the National Hokey Rules Association. Anyway, the service is second to none. They actually called me back at 9pm on a Friday to help with a tech issue. Cannot ask for better people. The unit is very well built too. Our first test pass shook so hard that we damaged the body (door car). The logger did not even blink. Great piece, great service, great price. What else can you ask for?

WILD MAN

13. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Just as a point of interest what features were on Computech unit that were not on the RPM Performance unit? I know that RPM doesn't offere the digital dash but what else?

14. wildman

wildman Member

logger

The main feature was of course the LCD. The DataMaxx unit also has an optically isolated input where you have very noisy inputs such as magnetos. The unit is quite small as well (about 4x6) and has 4 mouting ears on the cast enclosure instead of the "CB" bracket. Don't quote me on this but I think the one module has 30 (20?) channel capability. You don't have to upgrade to get more than 12 or 20. The EGT bungs are incredibly small too. the are only 1/8 NPT fittings. I'm not sure what RPM has because I had not seen one installed. The only thing I did not like (at first) was the lack of connectors on the main unit. However I think this is better as you don't have to mess around with the connector to add or remove sensors.

15. PM4569

PM4569 New Member

What's the price of a Comutech with and without the Digital Dash? Blower Application. I just bought and install a RMP and I am Very Happy with it. The wireless part is great. Would like to have that Digital Dash! Just would like to know the price difference.

16. Lethal Threat Racing

Mike you did not belive my post. LOL randy is a Great guy and he does way more than anyone else to support his product.

17. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Yes, I believed you post but I had already sent an email to Randy last Friday and he emailed me back this morning plus I said I was going to get an answer in my previous post so I did.:D

18. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Hey- Just to be contrary here- I have a Racepak Pro1A and i have been very very happy with it with one exception- THE PRICE. Twice the cost of everybody else's data recorders? It works very well, it is simple to use, the customer service has been great but the price SUCKS. Maybe somebody from Racepak reads this website? If your price for the same electronic components was closer to the competition you would sell more of them? There was a time when they were the only game in town. I have owned several and always loved them except for that one nagging little issue. Dave Germain

19. wildman

wildman Member

The dash is a $699 add on. Quite pricey but wow is it nice. You can get the blower setup without the dash for around $2k. The EGT's is what kills the price.

20. 65dodge

65dodge Member

I purchased a Racedata system and have been very happy with it. I paid around $2000 dollars and it came with the digital dash.:)