Data Logger question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Danny Humphreys, Nov 17, 2008.

1. nhrapete

nhrapete New Member

We have an Edelbrock qwikdata on a F/C blown Hemi with a Pro Mag 44 and it works OK. We have a custom set up for the program and the only time we have had trouble with no data from a run is when we clear the memory with the default setup which has no trigger inputs set. I set our car to start logging when the no.1 EGT reaches 300 deg and stop logging when the RPM is 0. It is not the easiest program to use but maybe you should check to see how you are asking it to start logging. In the pits are you looking at real time data or data you have asked the system to log? We started out with a switch to start the system logging, that shock it self to pieces then we went with setting the trigger inputs. Hope this helps
    Thanks
    Pete

2. overkill69

overkill69 Member

Pete, I think you might be on to something. We have had flakey issues with the switch when we are logging sometimes. After a run just watching real time data we'll activate the switch to start logging and it will not work like it lost the setup.We have to go in and reconfigure it. I know the switch is good because it also deactivates our msd burnout limiter which works perfectly.
    I was thinking of trying exactly what you said but I couldn't think of a good way to avoid recording the burnout and everything. I guess a little extra data would be better than nothing...
    thanks for all the advice guys,
    Mike

3. Danny Humphreys

I have mine set up on the switch. It works everytime in the pits, motor running or not.

4. nhrapete

nhrapete New Member

Danny, maybe you should try setting the triggers in the software and see if it works that way. Scrolling through the graph to find the run is a pain, but when you find it you can crop all the stuff you don't want. Since we got rid of or switch and made sure we up loaded the setup with the triggers set we have not had any problems. When we had problems I emailed Edelbrock and spoke to Dan Drago (I think that was his name it's been a minute since I spoke to him) because being in Australia nobody here could help us. He was a fountain of information. Hope it all works out for you, it's not the best system but after 12 months we have got use to it's short comings.
    Thanks
    Peter

5. AnimalCrew

AnimalCrew New Member

I believe in getting the burnout in the run recording. That way if you lose oil pressure during the burnout, you know when. The driver usually doesn't look at it except just before and when he finishes the burnout.

We've also had situations where wev'e lost a pushrod or rocker or rocker tip and it was nice to know that we didn't miss it during the burnout or while backing up because we could see the hole was fine until the hit.

Just my .02.

Troy.

6. TWD

TWD Blown alky

Datalog trouble

We have an IQ3 from racepak and it worked great on our BBC with Pro Mag 44 this year. If you're looking to use the 0-5V sensors try the Universal sensor module. You can progam the inputs yourself to adjust for type / name and calibration. http://www.racepak.com/Downloads/IQ3/230-VM-USM_Manual.zip
    If you aks they will also sell you the 4-channel EGT input module to which you could connect other makes of EGT's as long as they are K-type thermocouples.

HTH,
    Marcel

7. SNAPPY

SNAPPY TAFC

3 things

1 Call Randy @RPM buy from the owner and designer and get you tech info/trouble shooting from the same guy!!!

2 we set our recorder to autostart at 5000 rpm (TAFC) with an arm switch that the driver has on the steering wheel.

We use it at the trailer Start and warm the motor, driver clicks the switch, bring the rpm up and it records, Download to confirm.

Same thing after the burn out Back up and take it out of reverse and click the switch pull in to lights system armed and ready same as at the trailer
    5000 rpm system records. Keep it simple.....they're just drivers.....do the same thing every time.

3 CALL RANDY @ rpmperf.com 405-495-0454
    Tell him Mark sent you and maybe i'll get some FREE stuff!!!! LOL