Darren Mayers New, 18-71 Psycho-Helix rotors

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bottlefed, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

2. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

looks like a screw in a roots case i wonder what it will cost i bet its one bad ass roots blower

bad ass darren

3. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Jim,

I talked to Darren about it, and he is going to keep the cost as low as he possibly can. He truly is working hard to keep us going faster, and enjoying racing. He's one of the really good guy's in this sport.

4. DMPE

DMPE Member

These are an example of many new blower designs we are working on here. I have to admit the first set are for my sand car. (Rod and Dee Trowers sand car).
    These rotors fall into the M5 concept of a true modular blower. The M5 can be in legal IHRA form. Removed from the car. Remove the rotors, top inlet plate, bottom discharge plate. Slide in the X4 rotor, complementary top and bottom plates and your blower is in outlaw form. The part that makes this really work is the top and bottom plates also include the ports. And of course the port shape is critical to the success of each unique configuration.
    This allows one supercharger to be competitive in more than one arena. There is a financial advantage there.
    Of course im more concerned with power at the minute with the M5X4 project to be honest. My buddy Rod and I are trying to make up for one of them seasons!

Our new Top Fuel Blower did great on Snakes Dyno and im happy about that. I really do like Bender, and AJ will be playing with one soon as well.

The screw blower is my filler project, Carlo and I have come together to develope a hat to compliment the PSI screw. Very fun project as we designed the part in 3D space starting with the airflow path. Generated the unit around the stream, and then used the surfaces to generate the molds. Then the wood mold was 3d machined and made a shit mess of my shop. But the result was amazing. This then was shipped to jolly old England to Carlo where he is currently doing his part to finish the project. The first unit is for Lonnie and Roger. (Not that Roger) This "way" of designing/manufacturing the hats has changed how Carlo will progress his carbon hats. And I personally am looking forward to integrating this into the Roots hats. Carlo is a Friend and a true Craftsman, this thing is super trick!
    I also have a Whipple I been messing with. Now im glad to see Art and Company getting back in the game. This blower was on the right path and unfortunately pulled of to the side for whatever reason. (Don’t matter) However, this thing has super potential with some modern design changes. But NHRA don’t want improvement. So we have to say (this isn’t for NHRA) and continue forward or work hard at doing nothing on a potentially sexy project.
    Thanks for everything, and to all that I/we work with here at DMPE id like so say thanks for allowing us to (now here is where I get to quote JR at RBS) "live our Dream"!

"Warm the scanners up boys I got more shit for you to copy!!!!"

Darren

5. blown375

blown375 New Member

____________________"THE M5X4 PROJECT"__________________

What do ya know , this is rocket science after all ! :D
    Now, if I could only get Genie out of her bottle and blink one of those on to my car......

That's an impressive looking piece Darren ,I can't wait to see it in action at the track ,or the next "SAW" movie!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  6. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Wow ! that truly is a work of art ! and you're right Carlo is a top bloke and his injectors are awesome, I've got one on the splitty dragster now, sniffs just above the roof line ,

7. Relentless

Relentless www.bretitanium.com

Darren,

How many hours in them rotors?

8. William Payne

William Payne New Member

As somebody who wants to get into drag racing and even though I will never need a blower that big , I must admit the prices of new blowers is scary .

9. TOL

TOL Active Member

I am curious about this statement.

Is Art thinking of jumping back into the screw game? I was not aware of that. What sort of configuration/size? Suitable size for Outlaw PM? Would like to hear/read more if anyone can point me in the right direction.

It would be nice to have Whipple, DMPE, and PSI screws to pick from, one day. Hopefully then, the order delivery time will be much less than the depressing 6 month from PSI. Not knocking PSI's product, just everything else associated with the process of buying & obtaining a new specimen from them.

10. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

Art and Dustin are working on both outlaw and legal versions right now. Darren is just plain bad ass in the whole blower deal. When he comes out with the full blown screw, I will bet anyone that it will be the most throw down blower ever made!

11. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

One more thing to note. Art is bringing an updated AX980 to our shop, to be dynoed on a Brad 8 motor. We are going to start it at 1.60 and work our way up into the 2 to 1 plus range. Lighter rotors, different bearings and other stuff he wants to try.

12. Danny Humphreys

http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=21470&highlight=whipple

13. Chris R

Chris R New Member

hmmm, those rotors looks like Eaton TVS rotors

///chris

14. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Probably like car bodies and most things these days, when you use computer's, cad and flow dynamics the results are likely to be the same.

Then again it could be the finest form of flattery....

Richard Gavle

15. Chris R

Chris R New Member

I agree to that!

And the psyko rotors looks absolutly killer!

///chris

16. elusiveiceman

elusiveiceman New Member

welcome to drag racing william....the faster u want to go the more money your going to have to spend....everything is expensive anymore.

17. psi

psi New Member

Bet

Lonnie I"ll take that bet. If you only knew.

Roger(that one)

18. Danny Humphreys

Hmm the competition is heating up, rod, crank, and block manufacturers gotta love it! :D

19. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

OK Roger. PS. Get out of your office and go race.

20. Lonnie Houde

Lonnie Houde Member

To bad you dont keep me in the loop Roger. I have more customers running your stuff than ANYONE, and you crack on me.