Darien Testing

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Doug Watt, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

mister know it all
    Member # 1051 posted January 23, 2005 12:39 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by ttutubono:
    have they tryed taking out 1 clutch disk? not that i know anything about anything just a question

papagall

2. mister know it all

mister know it all New Member

hey it has been a while,,, i check back day to day and haven't seen you in here in a while!!! how's things going???

3. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Seeing all this bitching from the Afuel camps is a little bit humorous... How the hell do you all think the Blown teams felt these past few years????

4. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

I forgot to mention...

The Afuel response the past few years to the blown teams was to switch to Afuel...

Well, why don't you all switch back to the blown combination... The water is fine...

5. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

Mr. know it all, i noticed that everytime i post you got something to say about it, what is your problum? are you a tag team with that person that has the same first and last name as mine, and who are you anyway

6. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

We were a blown car team who seen the writing on the wall and switched just like alot of others are and have been doing and will continue to do and thats whats going to make it so dangerous because they dont have a clue on how to tune now just like we dont. Like I said fooling with NITRO is not good.

7. mike w.

mike w. TAFC

Taking out a clutch disc or for that matter less counter weight works great. Ha, Ha!! The rpm's just go too high too fast and without enough time or the unexplainable so called "Load" to burn the fuel the engine instantly drops cylinders. Aren't Nitro cars fun? This thing is an Animal!! You can't change anything without screwing up something else.
    As for whining about everything it seems that we all get our chance, and a/fuels turn is now.
    Another interesting point. Every rule change has been made to appease the blown cars. I have'nt seen a rule (like the Davenport multi-stage clutch given to help the blown cars and clearly illegal in the rule book) ever made to help out the nitro guys.

8. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

why not have nhra monitor the a/f cars till they run even with the blown cars like 99% 98% 97% till its right, or is that to simple?

9. was R4K

was R4K Member

does anyone feel that NHRA should teach those that switched how to tune? They should give classes to both combo's due them being the only ones to have done secret research?

10. mike w.

mike w. TAFC

I would like to point about the nitro and alcohol equity problem to NHRA. It's all your fault!!! You allowed nitro in the first place. Now you don't know how to fix it.
    You screwed over everbody, including the nitro cars and manufacturers, but expecially the alcohol cars by telling us we can't change anything. We can't modify heads, blocks, blowers. How is the blown car supposed to improve his car if you can't change anything but the tune-up or gear ratio's.
    I fail to see how making untested rules and eliminating technical development for the supposed reason of cost saving is going to help this sport.
    Cost saving is baloney. These are fuel and alcohol cars and poor people aren't racing them.
    How about no micro-processors for timing? Did NHRA bother to find out that Pro Stockers use it to reduce DETONATION in sensitive cylinders. Do you think stopping detonation would save fuel cars any money or stop any oil downs? Duh! Why doesn't NHRA realize the more electronics sold the lower the cost will go. Instead of making rules that hurt the racers, why not gripe at the manufacturers for charging outrageous prices and using low grade components that fail early and cost more money. Gee, do you supposed NHRA doesn't want to lose any sponsor money? Lossing racers with 40 years of NHRA loyalty, who cares?
    Time to get off the soap box and get back to the game.

11. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

Mike W, do you radius your own fingers?

12. The Zone

The Zone Member

[ January 23, 2005, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: The Zone ]

13. The Zone

The Zone Member

Mike W. the rules were not changed to appease the BAD crowd, they were done to slow down the A/Fuelers because they would not give the BAD rules to speed them up.

Also you stated " Buy the way as a comparison, last year in good air here Payne ran 5.61 @ 254. Testing in 3000 feet this year he ran 5.65 @256. Or in other words bogs or darrien should have been able to run over 270 at 5.20-30 during testing this year".

They (NHRA) don't want them to run 5.2's or 5.3's at Vegas
    They want maybe a 5.45 there this early in the season. IF they were to pick up and run a low 5.40 or 5.30 at this point in the season, they would have to change rules again later in the year because by then they will be running less than a tenth slower than last year.

THEY DO NOT WANT THE CARS RETURN TO LAST YEARS PERFORMANCE. THEY WANT THEM TO SLOW DOWN TO 5.35 IN GOOD CONDITIONS (700-2000 FEET) AND MAYBE 5.29 IN THE BEST POSSIBLE CONDITIONS (SUB 500 FT). THEY WANT THEM TO RUN 5.40 OR SLOWER IN HIGHER CONDITIONS (2000-4000 FEET). AND THEY WANT THEM TO RUN SLOWER THAN 5.5 IN OVER 4000FT

If the teams were to get to the desired performance level at this early point they would be to quick in two month's time and then would get rules changed again
    Who wants that.

Why they did not speed up the BAD's is still beyond me.

Dean

[ January 23, 2005, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: The Zone ]

14. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

a spy report says nhra let them run 98%.ASHLEY RUNS 48 SHIELDS RUNS 54

15. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

well, well, well, how easy was that? dose any one know how quick nhra wants them to run? by the way you guys didn`t think nhra was going to kick there #1 female driver out of the spot lite, did you?

[ January 23, 2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: ttutubono ]

16. Lee Callaway

Lee Callaway The Gov

ya i just started knocking the the dust off my tad

17. mike w.

mike w. TAFC

My statements about Jay were to indicate that the track was just as good as when the a fuel cars ran 5.20's under the old rule.
    To me this means NHRA's proposed loss of .15 translates to 5.35 to 5.45 not 5.50 to5.70.
    Darriens 5.50 was run in good air.
    I'm not upset with any kind of cars, just the rules. I really like to play with motors and NHRA has taken away my right to do this. I could do more to the motor now in SuperStock than I can in alcohol. That is completely rediculous. Give me 10 cylinders, low deck blocks, any valve angles, any chamber designs. Nitro cars would not be able to keep up with blown cars.
    UNTIL they do the same thing.
    This problem is never going to end unless NHRA decides on one method or another and leaves it alone.

18. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

96% sucked....98% sucked as well

Head still hurts from the tire shake...(no power)

KB

19. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

just heard through the grapevine that vp will sell 96 nitro, but apparently there will be a price increase. this source also indicated that 100 percent may not even be sold any more.

20. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

True....

You cannot get a drum of VP 100%
    I just bought (at the track in Vegas from the VP doods)a drum of 96% They would not sell me a drum of 100%....he said he could sell it to me by the gallon only...
    No more free M-1 either....I had to buy a drum of M-1 and a drum of 96% $1089.00

KB