Current Wisdom on Tires ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by OzAlky, Jan 31, 2006.

1. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

Your learning curve is going up.

2. Mark Billington

I think we see pattern here, one I am familiar with. I don't disagree with Marty one bit, but the FC is different deal than the dragster. He is right, guys with the dragsters are having good luck with the Hoosier. I prefer the GY, and the comments related to those tires on this page by the above commentators are pretty accurate.

3. Worms

Worms Member

Guys, which Goodyear works best in F/C, 1490 or 1022? and are they o.k. on beadlocks?

4. clint thompson

goodyear tires

the 1022 is the current choice on alcohol funny cars (if you're choosing goodyear that is) i've never personally tried them on beadlocks but vern moats is doing it.

5. Silverhawk

Silverhawk New Member

Micky's

We are running in a blown alcohol class with a limit of 7.5 seconds. We run on several airport tracks and the traction on them is virtually non existent. We run M/T's, with a normal rim and a inner liner. We run the inner at 45 lbs and the slick at anywhere from 4 to 5.5 lbs. We have never had a problem hooking up and when we are on a good track it carries the front tires 60 to 100 feet. We have gotten up to 30 runs on a set, and they still hook up like the first run. We have been very happy with the M/T's. We will probably be moving up to top alcohol this year and will stick with the same tire. Hope this helps.

Fraser R. Dalziel