Crashing at E-town

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dave Germain, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

Hoosiers on BAD's have gone down the track without issue, similar to all the GY runs on A/Fuel cars. Now you're telling me that A/Fuel cars are the only ones hitting dzus buttons, and with that only the ones with Hoosiers are hitting the magical dzus nuggets....that's a load of bullshit and you know it. NHRA cleans these track relatively well, it is clearly an issue with product v. application. Hoosier isn't going to issue a recall until a clear issue/cause is known, saves the company money and is standard corporate America protocol. They did advise you not to run them though. If you're ignorant enough to ignore the fact that Hoosiers on A/Fuel cars are clearly coming apart and crashing cars...on top of that Hoosier told you at the race to not use them...you are an ignorant fool and deserve to be suspended, as well as having to compensate anyone you may have affected with your negligence. As far as them coming apart, Mr. Odom's car had the sidewalls completely intact on both sides. I'd venture a guess as to say the same can be said for the other tires coming apart. So he must have ran over two dzus's that were right on the edge of the tire and cut it perfectly around right?

Steve L.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. blownracer/a-fuel

Gizmo

Reread what I wrote and check the punctuation!

3. TAD529

TAD529 Member

Lack of commom sense

If you are told by the manufacturer not to use their product for a specfic application and you choose to ignore their warnings you either lack common sense or you feel you know more than them. I don't care how many times you've used them before or if they balance them for you it is a complete disregard for your competitors safety as well as your own. So you build cars and have a lot of money does that make you exempt from safety issues?. As Joe stated it was his decision to run them regardless of who did what. So now they can go to the IHRA with another car. What about the guy who doesn't build cars and doesn't have alot of money? I've read all the he said-she said BS. The bottom line is they choose to run something that they were advised not to and in doing so they put the safety and lives of others at risk not to mention the damage to another persons car who doesn't have the same resources as they do. You can say anything you want but it was just plain wrong. Accidents do happen thats racing but to feel you don't need to listen to warnings is like it applies to others not me. Just glad everyone is OK and That I was not in the other lane.

4. mguest

mguest New Member

Lack of Understanding

I notice you use the word "they". Who is they? The only person who knew the tires were not recommended to be run was the crew chief. The crew chief made the call, not the crew, driver or owner. What was said between Hoosier and Joe may never be known but it was the sole descision of the crew chief and he made this descision after he talked to Hoosier. BTW, he also offer to replace Brandon's car and they have not taken him up on the offer as of yet. You should know all the facts before you express an opinion on rummors.

5. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

He might have been going off of what Joe said about discussing it with Monroe - in the Comp Plus interview. Tough deal all around. Just glad no one was injured.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

I don't believe Todd or Monroe should have been suspended if they knew NOTHING of the situation. Todd less than Monroe, but since Todd knew they weren't to be run (he took them off when told to I'm told), he as the owner rules supreme over the "team", this makes the revocation understandable. Joe didn't offer Brandon a new car, he offered him welded pipe and not a thing more. The offer he extended is a slap in the face to Brandon and Ralph. How about they come and destroy your home, you've worked hard for it, then they tell you - "hey, we're masons, we'll give you some bricks". That is what has been extended to them and it's pathetic. I believe if whoever wants to call themself responsible, Joe or Monroe, doesn't make this straight with the Greco's; they should be banned indefinitely from NHRA. Furthermore I believe (based on talk from manufacturers and racers) that if things aren't made kosher, you'll have a very hard time working within the industry. I'm not saying Monroe is liable, I don't know the inner workings of the team and who knows what or doesn't know what. Whoever is responsible needs to step up! It's hard to tell people your broke when you pull to the track with three diesel pushers, full crew, and a rented car less than a day after the wreck.

Steve L.

7. mguest

mguest New Member

Again, you know nothing

It's hard to tell people your broke when you pull to the track with three diesel pushers, full crew, and a rented car less than a day after the wreck.

Steve L.[/QUOTE]

Who said they were broke? Who pulled to the track with three diesel pushers, full crew and a rented car? Seems to me your confusing us with Alan Johnson. I never said I was broke, Don't have three diesel pushers and I have a weekend crew that works for peanuts. We have a KW on loan from a friend, a 12 year old drag boat trailer and we only rent a car if it's cheaper than driving 26 hours in our 5 year old Ford van. We have a budget just like everyone else. When we are out of money for the year, we park. Todd wasn't at the race and I wasn't informed of a tire issue. I rent the seat...period. I have to trust the crew and crew chief to keepe safe. Don't know what Hoosier and Joe talked about when they brought over the tires but my guess is they gave him a green light. Joe told me a different story about what he offered but a brand new rolling chassis it better than a slap in the face which is what we all got from Hoosier.

8. Nancy Matter

Nancy Matter Member

To Gizmo

just a couple of simple questions as you have sparked my curiosity.......

Do you drive a race car of any kind? be it Super Street, Comp, Super Comp, Alky, Pro Mod, Whatever just curious.....

If not, do you crew on a car on a regular basis? If yes, in what capacity?

If not, do you walk the track when the higher power cars are coming up to run?

Working off of a name Gizmo or Steve L. Doesn't give me much to google except for Gizmo from the movie Gremlins, so I'm just curious............. Thanks in advance for answer all questions....... :)

9. TAD529

TAD529 Member

Rumors or Facts

In the article on Comp Plus Joe stated Quote" Monroe and I you know discussed it". He also said Quote " I do not want to contradict what Monroe said"( his employer) should he not know if he had the conversation or not FACT.So where is the rumor just going from the interview as reported. Monroe said he never new,FACT or RUMOR Somebody needs to get their story correct. Joe said they talked Monroe said they didn't. So who is the one to believe, or did Joe just dream he spoke to Monroe.Menting said Monroe was informed of the product safety bulletin FACT or is he also full of BS.In the aricle it also stated QUOTE " I verbally talked to them about not running the tire" but they cannot tell me not to said Joe.Fact it endangered alot of people and now we play the he said-she said BS. It's a bad deal for all parties. Also for Joe to say people are just trying to stir up S--t doesn't seem to be very good when people would like to know the difference between fact and rumor.I'm not trying to stir things up just felt it was a bad deal whoever made the call and as a owner or driver you are ultimately responsible. Stop passing the buck and saying its the other guys fault. In your business do you not accept responsibility for your employees actions or is it always someone elses fault not yours. You might want to be more informed before you strap yourself in next time. Maybe not this way you can honestly say I didn't know.As you said above you know nothing. What we would like to know is who is BS who

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  10. mguest

mguest New Member

Again your assumming

So you believe everything you read in an interview? Maybe you should ask the people involved before you make statements you know nothing about. Wait, maybe it's better to act ignorant so you don't have to accept the truth right?

11. TAD529

TAD529 Member

Ignorant

Ok I'm ignorant but I don"t pay a crew chief who I trust with my life not to tell me about dangers that could cost me my life. So who is the smart one here. If Comp Plus is wrong you should have a problem with their reporting not me. I guess we are to believe a crew chief would put a driver in a car and not let the driver or anyone else know of possible safety issues. Now that is being ignorant or ------. also I guess Phil Menting or Comp Plus just made the story up for good press. I don't want this to get personal but I think you need to step up and take responsibilty or just pass the buck and say it was someone elses fault. I know why you won't take responsibilty because of the legal complications. If Comp Plus was wrong why have you not posted that instead you choose to tell me I'm ignorant not that Comp Plus is wrong and made false statements or maybe they can back their story up. If someone reported something that was wrong I would ask them to retract that statement not find fault with the person that read the story

12. mguest

mguest New Member

Done

This issue is between me, Mr. Greco, Todd, Joe and Hoosier....Period. It's no one's business what is said between us or worked out between us. You can all bash, lie and post anything you want but this issue is none of your business and it will now stay that way.