Crankshaft problem, need advice!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blownfastback, May 29, 2010.

1. altered1

altered1 Member

does this pertain to these cranks or all cranks with alu rods big or small blk,

2. JSracing

JSracing New Member

I think you should have called Carol @ C and C and the machine shop should pay for the damage ESPECIALLY if you never told them to turn the crank.
    I have almost the exact same crank and it is a beautiful peice. ( Mine is only a 4.125 stroke ) I got mine from Carol also. My machine shop does not seem to be distressed at the clearances but they are used to these type motors so I would imagine no biggie. Maybe you need a new machine shop?
    JS

3. JSracing

JSracing New Member

THIS is exactly what I would do.

4. REEHL EQUIPMENT

REEHL EQUIPMENT Authorized Merchant

But Chuck Stevens doesn't agree?

5. blownfastback

blownfastback New Member

JS, I've talked with you a few times, here and on the Ford site. I've been busy out of town but am going to call C&C tomorrow to see what he has to say. Another question, will Velasco or C&C have a spec sheet on this crank, the spec it was at when finished and shipped? I'm sure its the same crank, this was kind of a unique piece, big block chevy snout, chrysler rods, ford mains, and the 8 bolt crank flange. Just so frustrated by this whole deal. I NEVER told the shop to send the crank out for machining, he just called to tell me it was out getting machined to fix the problem so I never had a chance. Chris

6. JSracing

JSracing New Member

Chris that is a special crank as cranks go but it isnt special for C and C, the mopar flange, rod bearings, chevy nose and Ford mains is a common combo in carol's motors. they've done alot of R and D with combos to see what cranks work for the C and C aluminum block.
    Like I said I have the Exact same crank except for the stroke. We dont need a long stroke for what we are trying to do. My crank is an off the shelf item for C and C.
    Call Carol Im sure he can help you.