Congrats Hillary Will on Kalitta ride!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Lee Callaway, Aug 13, 2005.

1. rexdarby

rexdarby Jr. Dragster

The trend in motorsports is obviously leaning towards young women....for instance take a look at the Danica Patrick (IRL) media frenzy. Nothing against Hillary but if I was corporate America I would not put her in a car. She is not at the level of Ashley Force or Danica Patrick as far as marketing goes, remember those big white glasses she had on her face during the ESPN coverage? Not very complimenting. Hillary, your stepping into the big time now. Play the part, follow the lead of Patrick and Force. I think it will be a bumpy ride for her. Fortunately for her she will be driving a car with incredible resources, this will make her look better than she is, but I still think this is all for publicity.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

hillary has alot to offer in the marketing department. she's done quite a bit off the track that some of you may not be aware of. she's done several speaking engagements to different foundations. she has a business background and is marketing saavy. she is outgoing and has good looks. she also has a down to earth personality which makes her approachable.

you can't be too bad of a driver and run 5.30's in a blown car.

i'll call a spade a spade, if the ride were decided on driving credentials, hillary would not have got the job. not to discredit her, but there's just people with more experience than her both in the fuel ranks and alcohol ranks.

marketing bucks make those goodyears go round...at least she didn't buy the ride.

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

next question: what happens to the b/ad? will they finish the season? sell the ride? rent it?

4. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Maybe Bucky can drive and tune it! HAHA, I'd pay money to see him get in and out of that little seat. That'd be entertaining.

5. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Will in the press release she said she will finish the season in the TAD. While I agree that she doesn't have nearly the experience of a lot of other Drivers in the class. She has the one thing every crewchief yearns for: VLD= Very Light driver!!!

6. therealspeedster

therealspeedster Jr. Dragster

looks like she upgraded her licence and then ran a 4.61 in scott's car at indy today!