changing promag direction?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by topalky511, Oct 25, 2004.

1. topalky511

topalky511 Member

hey guys
    i have a hemi rotation promag 44 is it possible to have the rotation changed and if it is does it cost very much, im guessing if it is msd would be the people to send it to any help much appreciated as always
    thanks aaron

2. DQUES

DQUES Member

Yes the direction can be changed by MSD . I think the price is listed on the promag web site somewhere . Make sure you clearly state what it is you want done and attach a letter to the mag if you send it to them . My partner sent ours in for a direction change which i believe was around $ 60.00 or so at the time and came back with a $ 350.00 update . They said there was no letter stating what was to be done . I have also talked to people who have sent theres in to just get checked out and msd had said , we found nothing wrong with it but we replaced this , this , and this .

3. topalky511

topalky511 Member

can i get it done bye the guys at the track or do i need to send it to the workshop

4. DQUES

DQUES Member

I sent ours to the factory but I would think they should be able to do it at the track seeing as they have most parts to do repairs in the trailer .

5. Norm Drazy

Norm Drazy Jr. Dragster

A comment regarding the need to change the rotation of the Promag 44: Do you by chance run a Fontana engine? If so, the cross-axis gears in its front mag drive may be changed to the opposite hand, which accomplishes the direction change instead of doing it to the magneto. They are shelf-available and reasonably priced. Besides sidestepping the hassle that has been described above, it lets you run a magneto that isn't such a total wierdo that it defeats the buddy system of survival when racing without the support of the MSD trailer.

Norm Drazy

6. topalky511

topalky511 Member

hey norm,
    no its not a fontana i just sold the mag off my hemi to a guy with a bbc and he wanted me to get it changed but i agree about having stuff the same as other people incase you get stuck and dont have a msd trailer around, thanks for the help anyway (bye the way i got it done at bakersfield bye the msd guys 65$)
    thanks everyone